Chapter 19

A loud pounding on the front door this morning wakes me from my slumber. I groan, getting out of bed and throwing on a sweatshirt since I only slept in boy shorts. Eli leans against the door frame smirking and glancing over my body shamelessly. I cross my arms and clear my throat but he looks so hot I can't help but be flattered by his staring.

"How ya feeling, Angelface?" I bite my lip, only then remembering my little white lie from the previous evening.

"Much better." He tsks, entering the house without my approval and throwing my half naked body over his shoulder.

"Eli!" I scream, swatting his back and kicking.

"Wrong answer," he chuckles, laying me on the couch and kneeling in front of me. "I have to go to school today otherwise Dylan will get suspicious. But you can't go because you're sick." He puts extra emphasis on the word sick and I instantly catch on. Dylan can't know that I got suspended otherwise he'll tell my mom. Even though Eli says he can't stay because Dylan will suspect something, part of me feels that since Eli knows Dylan's my babysitter, he also knows that Dylan will feel obligated to take care of me. Maybe he just doesn't want me spending time with Dylan. Why though? Because he's jealous? And if he's jealous that means...

No. I won't even let myself dream of it. Oh screw it, dreaming never hurt anybody. Except for Martin Luther King.

Bummer.

Eli makes weird gestures with his hands and seems to be explaining something in detail. But I can't help but drool over the small freckles dotting the bridge of his nose and how there's just the faintest hint of a mustache and stubble on his face. My eyes trail to those perfect pink lips and it takes the little self control I like to think I have not to attack him right then and there.

"Angelface?"

"Yes?" I say, quickly snapping out of my thoughts.

"You okay? Cause you look like you're abou to eat me."

I can think of a lot of things I want to do to you.

I shake my head frantically, hoping that will dismiss the dirty thought.

"No. I mean yes, yes I'm fine." He gives me a half smile and kisses my forehead.

"Good, feel better then." I frown.

"You know I'm not actually sick right?" For a second, it looks like he's blushing but that's probably just my imagination playing tricks on me. In a blink, he's back to his usual smirk.

"I know. But it gives me an excuse to kiss you." He winks causing me to have palpitations before standing. At that moment, Dylan walks through the front door but stops abruptly, twiddling his fingers nervously.

"Sorry am I interrupting?" Eli throws me a furtive glance before turning his attention back to Dylan.

"No, unfortunately, Angelface is still sick, so there's not really much I can do with her. I was just leaving." He smiles at me and gives Dylan a small nod and leaving. I supress a sigh. Funny how I used to dread his presence and now I crave it. Dylan slowly walks over to me, putting his hands behind his back awkwardly.

"So, um, how are you?"

"I've been better." I say truthfully. "Are you okay?" I ask cautiously, seeing how noticeably red his face has grown

"Well um, you're kind of.." He blushes darker and if he gets any more red, he might just turn into a tomato. Rather than stuttering even more, he points and I look down only then realizing I'm still in my underwear.

"Oh, sorry," I apoligize quickly, stretching the sweatshirt to my knees. He chuckles nervously.

"Haha. No biggy. Anyway, do you think your, ah, sickness will affect our date this weekend?" He looks genuinely worried and I can't help but feel a pang of guilt. Maybe I should just tell him my feelings for Eli. But then that meant admitting my feelings out loud and I'm not sure I'm ready for that kind of commitment. Plus, a girl had already come between the two, I didn't want to put myself in that position. I sit up quickly, careful not to let the hoodie rise.