Chapter 17

When I wake up, the first thing I notice is the space next to me is empty. I hear shower water running and get out of bed slowly, changing out of my pajamas and into jeans, a champagne colored sweater, boots and a skirt. The water shuts off and Eli strolls out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist and water dripping from his curls.

"Morning, Angelface."

"Good morning." I say unwrapping and plugging in my curling iron.

"Can I ask you a question?" I freeze at the sound of those words. Had I done something? I wrack my brain trying to recall every event that occured yesterday after we returned to the hotel.

After I' gotten out of the shower, Eli had snatched the towel from around my waist and pinned my naked body to the bed where we then engaged in a full blown makeout session.

Totally kidding.

Actually, I had taken out my pajamas while Eli continued to press trying to figure out why the hell I was so happy about, though I'm sure he already knew. After that we both got into bed and proceeded to have one of those talks that recently, seemed only comfortable with him.

"Sure." I try to sound nonchalant but my voice comes out high pitched and I mentally face palm.

"Which flannel looks better?" Breathing a sigh of relief, I turn to see a pair of dark jeans hanging off his hips and him holding a rosewood flannel in one hand, and a slim fit grey button down in the other."

"Definitely the grey." He smirks, towel drying his hair and putting the flannel on.

"Knew it." I curl my hair and apply some lip stick when Eli comes up behind me.

"Are you almost done, sweetheart?" He asks, a playful smile on his lips. I unplug the curling iron and frown at him.

"What did you just call me?" He rolls his eyes, raising his hands defensively.

"My bad. Are you almost done, babe?" I tilt my head.

"Well, now that you mention it-" He groans while I laugh, pulling me out of the hotel. A black mercedes sits in the parking lot and I notice Eli swinging keys aroud his finger. "You rented a car?" I ask with raised eyebrows.

"How else are we supposed to get around?" He asks, opening the door for me. I slide in the car, taking in its exquisite features and Eli drives off.

"Does Ihop sound good?"

"Yeah, sure." I reply. "So when exactly did you get this car? I was with you all night." He smiles.

"Most of the night. But I woke up around 3 and couldn't fall back asleep."

"So you rented a car?" He threw me a quick glance.

"You're mad?"

"No." I say, shaking my head frantically. "Just confused. How did you even get there, that place is like 7 miles from here."

"Let's just say I did a lot of walking. Oh and along the way, I saw this art museum. I thought maybe you'd want to go?" Knowing which museum he was talking about, I grew excited. I'd always wanted to go but I didn't want to go alone and both Deuce and Ashley said it wasn't something they were interested in. Eli holds the door of the restaraunt open for me, and I find his chivalrous behavior odd. Sweet, but odd. We sit in a booth in the far corner of the restaraunt. A quirky woman comes over to take our order, her eyes lingering on Eli for a little too long.

I order a steak and hashbrown while Eli orders an all star which consists of eggs, sausage, waffles, and hashbrowns.

"I'll be back with your order shortly." She says, placing her hand on Eli's shoulder, smiling flirtatiously and sauntering away. I glare at her until Eli's voice brings me back to reality.