Chapter 23: A Future

I later learned that so much had happened while I had been gone. More than just me being exposed to my hallucinations.

Daniel had been captured. He had tried to get away by taking a flight to Canada, but the agents had stopped him... I heard that Derek Morgan shot him in the knee... That SOB won't be able to hurt anyone again, just like my father... Only he will have to pay for the things he did.

I found out that Oliver had managed to talk Michael into joining his teacher's new program and from what I know he likes high school a lot. He even met a girl his age that is also in the program. He seems to fancy her.

It's kind of funny how Oliver managed to talk him into going through the program. Oliver never struck me as a nerd, but after some of the things Michael had told me I can't help but laugh. Apparently Oliver wasn't always a pretty boy, he used to wear polos and khakis to school. I am talking about the whole stereotypical nerdy bit. I didn't believe it at first, not until Michael pulled out Oliver's old year books. I laughed so much I thought I was going to bust my stitches.

Things of course started to go back to normal after the agents left. Then again... Is anything ever normal in our household?

I managed to tell Oliver everything. I told him about the abuse that Michael and I went through. He knew about the abuse, because I told him about it when we went to the diner for the first time. Though this time I told him everything, I even worked up the courage to show him the scars I was forced to bare. I must say that it felt good to get everything off of my chest, it was like a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders.

I told him about what I stopped my father from doing. He already knew that I was the one that confessed everything to the agents, but I never told him how the agents found me or why the police thought I was the killer at first. I told him about how I had saved the woman from my father and had bumped into the officer while I was running away. I even told about how I first learned about my mother's death. I confessed to him about how guilty I felt afterwards, how I had grown up thinking she had abandoned us and how I always cursed her name.

I told Oliver about how I saved Michael and myself. How I had grown up raising Michael and protecting him from my father's abuse when we were younger. I also told him about the custody battle and the hell I went through to keep my brother and better myself.

The hardest thing for me to do was tell him what had happened in that god forsaken basement. What Daniel had done to me and those other women. It was hard but I felt relieved that I no longer had to bare the pain alone and that I had someone to comfort me.

Oliver and Michael helped me survive during the worst time of my life. They could never fully understand how much they mean to me. I don't know how I could ever get through this life without my boys. They make me complete. 

Even after all my confessions I still hold my secrets. I haven't told anyone about my dreams... No one knows that I saw my mother. That she had made me come back... I was ready to give up, but she wouldn't let me. She knew that I wasn't ready like I thought I was. It doesn't feel right to tell anyone about what I experienced when I had died in the hospital, it is one of the few things I plan on keeping to myself.

No one needs to know about my dream... No one needs to know that I really did die before I woke up in that hospital.

I guess you could say that I will carry my own secrets to my grave... Just like Daddy.

****************************

Hey guys.

I know, I can't believe this story is over either... I liked writing this one. I don't know.

I hope you guys enjoyed reading it. I know this was a ridiculously short chapter.. I just wanted to give it a simple ending, just explain a few final things. The rest I leave to you my readers. What does their futures hold now that all the craziness is finally over?

Just remember this my readers.

Don't be... "Just Like Daddy."

Be who you are and not what others want you to be.

Thanks for everything Guys and Gals.