Chapter 11: Making Plans

If I'm going to complete Evan's work, I will need to prefect my skills. I need to practice. I can't just go straight to Alex's home and do it. It has to be right, perfect, just like all the others.

I need a place to do it. I will need a lot of privacy. I want to have time to really talk to Alex, to show her how much I truly love her. She needs to understand that no one could ever feel what I feel for her.

I stumbled down the stairs, reentering the first floor of my home. I slid my hand down the line of photographs, picturing everything I could do to her. I turned down the hall and began my descent into the basement.

My eyes trailed across the plain, grey slate walls. I could already picture the delicious, crimson blood. I could picture it dripping down the walls, down my skin. A feeling of euphoria coursed through my veins just at the thought of what will take place down in this basement. I touched the stone cold floor and smiled.

I stood up very slowly, taking in the magic of the moment. I walked over to my work bench and picked up the brackets and chains I had intended on putting into my truck so I could tow if needed. I weighed the heavy duty chains in my bare hands and glided across the floor.

I felt so good.

I screwed the brackets into the wall, locking the heavy chains in place with thick, six inch screws. No one will ever get out of here. I stood up and crossed the room, taking hold of the old mattress. I had been meaning to throw this old, lumpy thing out. I guess it's a good thing I never got to it. I dropped the mattress into place, on the stone floor below the chains.

I admired my work. Unlike with what Evan did, here I will be able to control every detail. The kills will be more accurate, no one will get out, and no one will interrupt.

***********

I stood across from her apartment. I stared at her window, at the blinds that covered that window. My mind raced through the endless possibilities. The things I could do to get her right now. My eyes followed the figure that approached the doors of the apartment.

Alex stepped out of the doors, as the figure held them open for her. My hands tightened into fists as I watched her hug him. He wrapped his arm around her waist and led her down the street. They traveled down the dark sidewalk, pressed together and laughing.

I followed them.

I followed them, hidden within the dark shadows.

I watched them.

I watched them, laughing and teasing each other.

I watched him take what is rightfully mine.

We walked. We walked for what felt like a life time. I trailed behind them as they acted out my fantasy. They both stopped outside of an old diner. He held the door for her and she touched his chest and laughed at what he said.

I felt sick. This was all so wrong. That should be me. I should be with her. I should be on a date with her.

I approached the old diner. My fingers coiled around the cold metal handle. I froze. If I go in there, there is no controlling what I will do. I forced myself away from the diner. Giving myself one last look at Alex as she hugged an older, plump waitress.

I pulled myself away from that old diner. I retreated from the line of older looking shops and ran into the first bar I came across. I slid through the crowds of party people that were dancing and grinding on each other. I blindly made my way to the bar and collapsed into the first seat I came across.

The bartender walked up to me and leaned his meaty arms on the bar. "What can I get you?"

"Vodka." I stated plainly, my voice scratching in my throat.

Someone sat in the stool next and leaned close. "That's a hard drink." Her whiskey breath burned in my ear. "I like it hard too."

I rolled my eyes at her drunken words and turned to face her. My eyes came across a woman with chocolate brown eyes and light brown hair. I grinned to her, she was just like the women Evan targeted. "Really now?"

************************

Hey, sorry for the short chapter. I wanted to get a filler chapter in before I got into the real action. It's starting all over again. This should be interesting. Let me know what you guys think so far. Comment and Vote. Follow me and I will follow back :)