Chapter 13: Not So Lovely Letters

*Alexandra Wright's POV*

I sat on the couch in my apartment's living room. Just last night I went out to the old diner with Oliver again. I don't think I have ever laughed as much as I did last night in my entire life. It was a truly good night for me and Oliver seemed to enjoy himself as well.

Today is thankfully a day off, work was unexpectedly canceled. I got the call from Mr. Goodwin just after Michael left for school. It feels good to just sit and relax, though I find myself feeling a little useless when I'm not doing anything productive.

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

I looked over at the door, setting down the day's newspaper. Who would be coming here? I thought Oliver had to work... Surely he did not get the day off as well.

Not wanting to miss out on the possible chance over seeing Oliver once again, I got up from the couch and crossed the room to the front door. I waited for a moment to see if whoever it was would knock again, thinking maybe I imagined it. No second knock came, but I decided to go ahead and open the door, just to feed my curiosity.

Sure enough the hall was empty of all life. A sheet of paper floated down to the floor in its own graceful dance. It must have been wedged between the door and the frame so I would see it when I got home. So when I opened the door it fell, having nothing to hold it in place. I stepped out into the hall and picked up the paper, turning it over in my hands.

I examined it as I reentered my apartment. It is just a simple sheet of white computer paper and has something printed in your typical New Times Roman font. I shut the door and began to read what the paper said as I made my way back to the couch:

I picture your face,

and I know it's true.

Another minute flew by,

just thinking of you.

I sit here and I wonder.

I dream and I daze.

People all around me,

try to follow my gaze.

Smiling and grinning,

wondering too.

How many minutes flew by,

just thinking of you?

I close my eyes

and what do I see?

Your cute little face,

staring back at me.

I am always happy,

dreaming about you.

I could sit here for hours,

just watching you.

I read the words over and over, slightly bothered by the message they possessed. Who the hell would send me this? Who the hell is WATCHING me? My mind wandered, deciphering every word in every possible way to somehow find the author of the poem.

I sighed in defeat and hide the poem away in my desk, next to the wills of my deceased parents. I will look at it more later, no sense in worrying over it now...

My eyes fell upon the letter that Michael's teacher had sent me a few days back. It sat unopened on top of the desk. Why hadn't I read that yet? It must have slipped from my mind with everything that has been going on. I picked up the letter and sat down in my desk chair.

The letter was simple and short, stating that Michael's teacher Mrs. Crane wanted Michael to take part in a new school program that she was starting up. Apparently middle school students are going to be given the oppertunity to shadow high school kids to get an idea of what high school is like. That is actually a really great idea, it could give Michael a sense of what he wants to study and what he wants to do. It would be good for him. Is this what he didn't want to talk about the other day?

I sat the letter down and started to pace the room, thinking of what to do...

******************************

Hey guys I know it was short but this was just another filler. I plan on making the next chapter in the view of the detective that gets put on the case before they call in the FBI to help. Let me know what you guy think so far. I hope you all like it. Comment and Vote my beautiful readers :) Follow me and I will follow you back