Chapter 15: Morning News

*Alexandra Wright's POV*

I sat on the couch silently sipping my morning coffee. Michael sat quietly at the kitchen counter, eating a bowl of coco puffs. He hasn't really talked to me much since I found the letter. I told him he should go for it and that it is a great opportunity for him, but he just doesn't see it that way. He is embarrassed by his teacher's offer and just wants to be normal. Maybe one day he'll see that our family can't just be normal.

It has been a few weeks since Oliver and I have gotten together and things are going great. He seems to get along with Michael really well and he is just a great guy. Daniel has been acting strange at work though.. He has been overly tired in the mornings and he seems to be preoccupied. I find him all the time scribbling on a wrinkled piece of paper though he never shows me what he is writing.

I am still getting the strange letters and poems. I am very concerned with who is sending them, but Oliver has been staying over-night. I haven't told him about them, and Michael doesn't know about the awful letters and poems either. I just don't want him or Oliver to get worried. I just tell them that I had a rough day and need the company. In all honesty, I just feel safer knowing that Oliver is around.

Michael stood up from his chair and lifted his bag unto his shoulder. He turned and looked at me expectantly, without saying a word. "Have a good day at school, buddy." He made his way to the door and I called out to him just as he stepped out of our apartment. "I love you!" I was answered by the door slamming shut and my heart shattering.

With a sigh I picked up the television remote and flipped on the television. I channel surfed for a while but found nothing particularly interesting, so I started to check the news channels .

Fox 9: A report on some robbery... Nope.

Star News: Some celebrity was caught with a stripper... Who cares?

Channel 11: A woman was found killed a few weeks back and the police have no leads... I feel bad for her family.

Channel 6: The woman's murder from the Channel 11 report has been linked to a few other more recent deaths... Interesting...

I turned up the volume and let myself get pulled into the report. A young female reporter came on to the screen as the story was re-explained to just arriving viewers.

"Just a few weeks ago in the Hotel behind me, young Anna Monroe was found brutally murdered and sexually assaulted. The police are baffled by the recent attacks and are linking them to the awful crime that occurred here. The local police are worried that these deaths are just the first of many and that the killer is just getting started.

"It has recently been brought to our attention that Detective Seth Rodney has been the one investigating the case and is turning to an older yet very similar case that occurred just a few years ago. Rodney stated that he has no leads and has sent in a request to the FBI to assist now that they officially have a serial killer on their hands. When asked to explain any progress that has been made, Rodney refuses to comment.

"These recent murder-rape attacks have been performed by a single man and resembles the killings of Evan Wright. A man who killed five women and attacked another before finally being found by not the police, but the FBI, through the help of Evan's daughter, who we are respectively leaving un-named. Evan was killed in his home, upon resisting arrest and using his eight year old son as  leverage.

"Of course it is unknown who is acting out these more recent attacks and why. I'm Maya Rose, Channel 6 News."

I switched off the television and threw the remote unto the table. How could anyone do this? It was one thing for my crazed father to have done this, but now someone is copying him? I don't understand how anyone could ever do these kind of things to innocent people... At least they are calling in the FBI to help. I just hope they come, like the last time this happened I'm sure the police could use all the man power they can get.

********************

*Detective Seth Rodney's POV*

I stood up from my desk clutching the phone in my hand. My hand was involuntarily shaking from my lack of sleep. I have been running on nothing but coffee here lately and it is all thanks to this case. I just can't seem to wrap my head around everything that has been going on.

"SSA Jennifer Jareau." A female voice stated professionally on the other end of the phone call.

I released a heavy sigh. "Hello, this is Detective Rodney from IMPD. I was wondering if you have received the case file that I faxed over."

"Hello, Detective. We did get the case, but we are currently swamped with other files and cases. I will get back with you regarding your case when I can. I'm sorry, but we have a lot of requests coming in." Agent Jareau stated.

I rubbed my free hand over my face and sighed. "I understand. Thank you for your time." I hung up my cell phone and dropped into my desk chair.

This case is going absolutely nowhere and I need some fresh eyes...

***********************

Heyoo my lovelies. I know it has been a bit since I updated last, but it is hard to stay on track with school and personal problems. I have had a lot to do and work on, so bare with me. I am working to keep the story updated. I hope you are enjoying it so far and I would love to hear what you guys think about it so far. You guys are great. Comment and vote. And remember I will follow you if you follow me :)