Will you... (Robert x OC)

Just so you know, this has a trigger warning incase any of you have or are dealing with the death of an immediate family member. I hope none of you have to deal with that at a young age as a couple of my friends have. I have also included a brief mention of bullying, which I am a victim of, and it is based off a reoccurring dream of mine so this is quite a emotional one shot of sorts featuring my OC. It has a positive ending, promise 😊
______________________________________________________
"Fuck!" I jolted up screaming
"Kyla, are you ok? I heard a scream shortly followed by a loud thump."
"Yeah, I-I think so..."
"Another nightmare, be honest with me?"
"Yep" I sighed, popping the 'p' before throwing my head back.
"Come on, you're coming with me"

I've been living with Robert for a couple of months now since he doesn't trust me alone. Funny thing is, I've known him for about four years now and only recently has he been this, protective? I know what you must be thinking, how did I come to be living with the growing star, Robert Downey Jr, Tony Stark himself. Well, in short, we met in a coffee shop where we agreed to disagree. I foolishly spilt my coffee on him and vise versa, he got my number after months of tracking me down and gaining my trust and somewhere along the line, I had ended up here.

To be honest, I haven't had the best start to life. From the tender age of 8, I have been bullied all the way through my final years of primary school, throughout my high school life and most of uni. But, I have to say the most traumatic experience would be watching my parents die. We were involved in a RTC with six other vehicles, I had just about escaped, landing in a six month coma at the age of 15. The last memory of that night I had was after the car had flipped over and was laying on the roof. They both looked at me and told me "It will all be fine. Stay strong."

It's been 10 years since the collision, I still remember it vividly and have the scars as a constant reminder that I was lucky to make it out alive. Robert had met me in London at a premier, well not quite. I wanted to go but once I arrived, the amount of people became overwhelming and of course anxiety is a bitch and I soon found myself in a ally, hyperventilating. Just so happens that Robert was having a similar issue, rising to fame so quick after falling far was quite the impact to take and he needed a quick breather.

We talked a while before he invited me to join him, of course I was over the moon to have him say that but politely declined, explaining my anxiety issue, before disappearing into the night.

The very next day, I was in Starbucks and had just collected my order when I bumped into something, or rather someone. The odds were unreal as that person turned out to be Robert. At first he didn't recognise me, then again it was pretty dull in that ally. Anyway, I had his black coffee down my white shirt and he had my ice coffee down his trousers. We agreed to disagree on who's fault it was and brought each other a new drink before I invited him back to mine where I lent him some jeans that used to belong to my friend, Sam. We never spoke again until a couple months later when he turn up at my house, Sam's old jeans in hand where he asked for my number.

Now, in the present, I was sitting on Robert's bed, curled up into his chest silently sobbing as he hushed me, telling me "nothing's going to happen" that he's "here for me in my moments of need." Once I had pulled myself together and composed myself, so began the prattle between him and I. "Once I fell off my sofa and broke my wrist, all because I was trying to be a power ranger..." I cried with laughter.
"I got super paranoid the other day when I saw Samuel L Jackson, it was the day after we watched Pulp Fiction and he was acting super suspicious with a briefcase. "

Soon, we were wide awake with little chance of sleeping anytime soon, so we padded downstairs, baring in mind it was 3 am, pulled out some ice cream and coffee before sitting down to watch an episode of the Flash like me and my friends would do if we couldn't sleep. We would always squabble over who was better, Marvel or DC, and came to the conclusion that Marvel movies are unbeatable and DC shows were more entertaining at times, for example Grant Gustin playing Barry Allen was a terrific idea as he really brings the character to life like Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool. Or Tony Stark as Robert Downey Jr, or was it the other way round...