Chaplin One Shot

Chaplin One shot for voidstarkward

"It's Chaplin x female!reader. Somehow the girls has a time machine which suddenly explodes and gets her stuck in 20's America. Here she meets Chaplin and they sick together til he develops feelings for her"

"Yes, mum.... I know mum.... Ok, fine. See you later...bye." You smile awkwardly, thankful she couldn't see you roll your eyes as you hung up the phone. You waltz into the kitchen and pick up an apple and a bottle of water from the fridge before heading down the hall and bounding up the stairs towards the study at the top of your house. Here is where you hid all your secrets; all the small white lies, rescheduling and a few close calls had led up to today as you were now certain that your umm... 'small experiment' was fully functioning.

You closed the door behind you and locked it, drew the curtains closed, flicked on the lights and pressed play on your IPod as music filled the room. You never told anyone about this and you never planned on letting anyone know, well, not until you had to that is. Everyone assumes that you are like every other teenager these days; unsociable, listens to music and sleeps a lot. Well, how wrong would they be, in fact, the difference here was the fact that you were very sociable, hardly slept and only listened to music when you are working, like now.

House so empty, need a centerpiece
Twenty racks a table cut from ebony
Cut that ivory into skinny pieces
Then she clean it with her face man I love my baby
You talking money, need a hearing aid
You talking 'bout me, I don't see a shade
Switch up my style, I take any lane
I switch up my cup, I kill any pain

You sang as you danced around your little project. Now, this machine could change the world forever, for the good of course. If you had done the calculations correctly then this time machine would allow you to go anywhere in the past and up to 100 years into the future. You tied your (hair colour) hair into a ponytail as you pulled on the welding mask and grabbed to torch to complete the machine..

Look what you've done
I'm a motherfuckin' starboy
Look what you've done
I'm a mother-

"Done!" You sighed, pulling off the mask and stepping back to look over your finished masterpiece. 'Well don't just stand there like a lemon, try it out!' your mind screamed as you skipped forward and opened the small door attached to the capsule. Although it was relatively small, you could easily fit two people in here comfortably with extra room. As you ran your fingers over the control panel you thought of the first place you wanted to visit. "What about 1970's New York, no, 2036, no, the minutes leading up to my birth... on second thoughts, no." You cringed at the thought of seeing yourself being born.

You thought long and hard for about 15 minutes drawing up a list of places to go. "I've got it, 1950's America, then I can work my way forwards in time." You smiled, setting the time in the panel to July 2nd 1950, New York. You stepped out of the machine and ran to grab yourself some supplies; 2 bottles of water, a sandwich, an apple, some mints and a spare shirt. You place your phone and wallet in your pockets before climbing back into your time machine. "Alright, here goes nothing!" you breathe as you pull down the lever and shut the door.

The control panel starts to flash different colours as you begin to feel the machine shake slightly. The panel begins to flash the dates as the start to go back 10 years at a time before going out of control completely. The shaking begins to become more violent and before long you are gripping onto your seat for dear life with your hands as you shut your eyes tightly. The time machine starts to spin around sending you upside down as your phone nearly flies out of your pocket. "BLOODY...HELL..." You scream as you become light headed. Just as you are about to pass out, the spinning stops, the machine stills and smoke puffs out of the panel.