You're his owner?! (Robert x Reader)

Never again will I do that, ever. What even possessed me to want to do that, like seriously how did I make it through without dying? 'Ohh, I know. You can't sleep so why don't I just bring up totally irrelevant situations and scenarios to make it worse, huh?' Yeah, thanks brain. Anyway, note to self, while it may seem like a good idea never try to watch all the Marvel movies in one night.

"Urggh, what is life right now?" You groaned as you hauled yourself out of bed and towards your bathroom. You took one look in the mirror and concluded that a coffee was needed (or tea if you prefer) and you drudged downstairs to the kitchen. When you reached the bottom of the stairs you were greeted by the cat you were watching while his owner was away. " Ohh, hey Oli, you want some milk?" The cat purred in agreement and leaped onto the worktop as you retrieved the milk from the fridge.

Funny thing was, Oli wasn't meant to be in your more than capable hands, ohh no, your best friend (Y/B/F/N) told their friend that while he was away they would look after the cat. Little did either of you know that (Y/B/F/N) was extremely allergic to cats. So, in desperate need of accommodation, you took Oli in as a favour and his owner was notified of the change and said he would collect Oli when he returns later today.

Anyway, back to what you were doing. You poured yourself a fresh hot cup of coffee, white with 2 sugars, and filled a small bowl with milk for Oli before walking back into you living room and throwing yourself down on your sofa. You flicked on the TV to see what was going on in the news, probably not a lot because England doesn't really have much happening apart from the odd stabbing in London or rare bird sighting in Devon.

"Hi, I'm Mary and here is today's weather forecast. Due to the unusual hot weather, we are to expect tropical storms developing around 2pm today and possibly going through to this evening. With winds of 50-60mph and torrential rain in many parts of London, the South East and the North seeing the worst of it." Well great, fantastic. I guess since its a rain day, then I guess I better clean up the house now instead of later for when Oli's owner gets here.

You began to clear what little mess was in your house, mainly odd socks here and there and sheets of paper from your university lectures and seminars. You had a bowl of cereal in between cleaning your room and the kitchen. "Ohh hey Oli, you enjoy your milk? You excited to see your owner later?" You asked stroking the ginger tom as he pressed into your shoulder, snuggling under your chin. "Yeah, I'll miss you too buddy but hey, you get to go home and I'm sure you're a little home sick after 3 weeks right?" You said, almost as if you understood what was being said by the cat and you were now engaged in a conversation with the feline.

It was now 11:35am so you decided to take a long warm shower to try and wake you up further. Going into the bathroom you turned on the waterfall shower you had installed recently and waited until it had reached a temperature you were happy with. You stepped into the shower as your body was immersed by the warm water that flowed from the ceiling. What was originally meant to be a quick shower, soon turned into a 45 min shower as your mind got lost in the refreshing feel of the water on your skin.

You stepped out of the shower, shivering at the small draft created when you shut the door, quickly wrapping the soft, towel around your hair and your bathrobe around your body. You padded into your room and quickly picked out a simple outfit to get you through the day; white trainer socks to match your brand new white vans, faded blue skinny jeans, baggy Civil War shirt with half a shield and half an arc reactor on it and varsity jacket. You put your (H/C) into a ponytail after drying it and began to get ready.

Once you were finished you remembered that you were meant to get something for dinner tonight since you hadn't done your shopping the week before. "Why me? Can't something go right today?" You moaned as you rushed out the house as quick as possible to avoid the storm that was due within the next hour. You hopped into your Dodge Charger and raced towards the nearest shop.