Robert x Reader

"But Rob-"
"Nope, don't you even-
"But what if-"
"Nope, don't you try and wiggle your way out of this one." He huffed, tapping his feet to an introspective beat. "But you know I can't do this."
"Yes you can Y/N. The only thing stopping you is yourself. You can do it. I'll be with you every step of the way." He reassured you, resting his hand upon your shoulder. You took a deep breath, looked over at Robert and nodded. "I'll do it... Only if you stay with me?" You smiled.
"Of course I'll stay with you Y/N. I'm ready when you are."

You looked at Robert and closed your eyes tight. "3.... 2.... 1.... GO!" You shouted, launching yourself off the edge of the waterside and down a long tunnel, gripping onto Roberts arm. "Woo!" He screamed, as you twisted and turned on your rubber ring before floating out of the tunnel and into a small pool.

In the pool stood a lifeguard who smiled and pushed your ring down the next section of the slide. Robert was right behind you. "Wait! Robert, come with me? The rings big enough for two." You asked, wary of what lies ahead. Robert simply chuckled before getting into your ring and holding you from behind. "Never fear, Sir Robert is here!"

You continued down the tunnel slowly, drifting past trees and flowers. All was calm until you saw the huge black cave ahead. "Robert, what place have you taken me to? You said a fun cool water park... this is not calm. Are we even meant to be here? That cave like suspicious." You panicked, as you approached the pitch black cave. "Hold on tight!" Robert shouted.

As you entered the cave, your heart was pounding against your chest. You held onto the ring for dear life. Suddenly, the ground and water beneath you vanished and you froze, almost as if you were in a cartoon. You looked down and then screamed as you fell down thinking this was the end and this was how you died. You close your eyes and brace for impact.

Only... the impact never came... You simply bounced and began floating again. "Y/N, open your eyes. Look." Robert giggled. You slowly opened one eye, scared of the sight that may lay before you. When you opened your eye fully, you had to open the other and blink to see if you were seeing this right.

You were in a glass tunnel directly beneath the shark tank. You watched as the beasts glided through the water around you with one shark swimming along side you. You were amazed... shocked... awestruck. This certainly wasn't what you were expecting and you immediately took back everything you thought or said about Roberts idea as you took in the sight before you.

"What do you think? Isn't this cool?" Robert gasped. "It's... it's magical. Look at how close we are to them without fear of harm. Robert, this is amazing! " you declared. Robert chuckled and placed his arms over your shoulders before leaning into your back and whispering in your ear. "I told you it would be something special just for you."

"But why?" You asked, turning to look at him. He smiled and held your hand. "Y/N, I've wanted to say this for a while and this is the perfect opportunity to ask it." he replied, whispering lightly into your ear. "Y/N, for years now we have been so close and we practically live together. So... I was wondering if you wanted to make this official. Will you go out with me, will you be my girlfriend?" He finished, his head resting on your shoulder as he rubbed his stubble on your shoulder almost like a cat brushing against their owner. "Please?" he begged, turning your face so you could see the puppy dog eyes he was giving you.

No... It's a trap. There's no way out now that he's given you the puppy dog eyes... god damn it! "...yes..."
"I'm sorry what was that, I couldn't hear you?"
"I said Yes. I'll be your girlfriend." You piped up, looking into his caramel eyes. He grinned from ear to ear as he leaned in to kiss your cheek. "Woah woah... hang on there Sparky. I have one or two requests." You announced. Robert looked at you and stood there, very seriously. "Ok then. Fire away my dear."
"We don't go public until I say so because the last thing we need it your reputation being ruined."
"Honey, you would never ruin anything."

"You're Robert Downey Jr, one of the most well known and highly paid actors. I'm just plain old Y/N."
"But that my dear is what makes you so very special. You don't need a status, you a perfect and special just the way you are." He grinned, as you lay back against him, watching as the sharks and fish swam by. "Always the charmer." You mumbled.
"What the second thing?"
"Ok, this might sound stupid and all but please don't judge me, like it's not like I planned this out in case we ended up dating, not that I even did, or didn't but you know how funny life can be and something the little things become big things and the bigger things-"
"Y/N just calm down and say what you want to say, I would never judge you." Robert piped up, placing a finger to your lips to stop your small tangent, even thought he found it extremely cute.

You took a deep breath and began to speak. "So, like I said I don't want it to be weird or anything but I think maybe we should just start off with dinner dates at home and then maybe branch out, you know maybe go a couple of towns over to a nice restaurant. I also know how to break it to my parents. Wait, what about yours? Do they even like me?"
"Y/N, don't panic. They thought we were already dating and that's why we live together, they know how much I care for you and how much I always have done so they aren't a concern. Your parents might be a little different, I'm not sure how your dad will feel about you dating me, what with the age gap, and the fact I have a kid already and me being an actor and travelling."

"Now you're doing it. We're terrible. Either way I'm sure things will be fine, until then we just act like nothing ever happened." you finished as the rubber ring came to a halt and you were instructed to walk out the left of the pool. "Hold up, act like nothing happened?"

"Well, yeah. At least until I can get it to sink in and we can start to hang around without you getting noticed." You answered, walking over to where you had left your towel and shoes. "Do I mean nothing to you?" Robert faked, holding one hand on his heart and the other across his forehead. "No, you mean the world to me, lets not forget you are pretty much the living Tony Stark, what's not to like, although if you dare bring girls back to the house I will punch you." you tried to save yourself but failing terribly. "What I'm saying is that all thing considered, you know what with your fame and press tours and stuff. It's best to not let people know yet because it might affect things and people and stuff and things..." You trailed off.

"You really are trying to grasp at the end of this slippery slope and it's not working, you realised this right." he smirked, giving you the, nice try but no cigar look. "But you do, however, have my word on not bringing back any girls-"
"Or guys, don't even try it mister." You warned, jokingly.
"Either way you will pay for that comment on acting like nothing happened. And I think I have the perfect way to get back at you."
"Oh really, hit me with your best shot Downey!"

"That slide there." he pointed over to a waterslide that was a straight 120ft drop. "Rumour has it that slide can take you up to 60mph the moment your feet over over the edge." He stated matter-of-factly. He wouldn't dare pull you through that would he? "You wouldn't." You gasped, in disbelief as he eyed it up and down. "Oh I would and I am. Let's go!" He announced.
"Noooooooo! Help me!" You kicked and screamed as Robert picked you up and placed you over his shoulder, marching in the direction of the water slide. "No, I take it back. You're the best and this is a big deal and I can't wait to scream from the rooftops about it, please I'm begging you."
"Hmm..." Robert paused in his tracks and pondered for a moment. "Nope, we're going on that whether you like it or not, the comment can't be retracted now."
"NOOOOOOO!!