When

I ran out of prucan pictures on my phone so here is a picture of a cup that I found at hot topic. Before you ask, yes I do love the nightmare before Christmas.
Mentions of abuse.

When will I be good enough? Matthew was on his bed with his knees pulled up to his chest as he waited for his boyfriend to come home.
Gilbert Beilshmit was Matthews boyfriend of 3 almost 4years. He loved Gilbert he truly did, but he often got scared that Gilbert didn't love him the same way.
4 years ago
Matthew was pushed up against the lockers as he was mocked punched and kicked by his bullies. It was a miracle that nobody noticed. Between getting beat up at school and being abused at home it was a miracle. Okay so maybe miracle was the wrong word.
His bullies continued their torment until he passed out. When he woke up however he was startled. It was not that it was noticeably later then when passed out. It was not uncommon for this to happen and it was often that when passed out that it would be the only sleep he would get. Most nights he was in far too much pain to fall asleep. But no the thing that surprised him was that he was not in his school hallway. Instead he was in a bedroom. Someone's bedroom. He began to panic as he walked out of the bedroom and he saw nothing that he recognized. As he walked into a small living room he realized that there was a man on the couch.
Not just any man. Gilbert Beilshmit. That's right Matthews crush was unconscious on the couch. A thought then occurred to him. If Gilbert was here, was this his house? And how did Gilbert find him anyways?
He looked back down and saw two ruby red eyes looking at him. "I'm sorry." He apologized quickly.
"What are you sorry for?" Gilbert asked as he looked up at the feeble Canadian. Matthew came to school everyday with bruises and nobody even bothered to ask about him. Why? Because he was not Alfred. And if he ever tried to ask Matthew he was always pushed away.
Gilbert looked at the younger man and he thought asking him then but he decided against it. If Matthew wanted to tell him he would.
"I'm sorry for being a burden." Gilbert could not believe it. Matthew thought he was a burden?!
"Birdie you are not a burden and you never will be." Gilbert could never think of Matthew as a burden and he never would.
Now~
Matthew remembered that day so well. After he explained what all happened to him at home and Gilbert never let him go back. Also since that day he had never seen his dad.
Gilbert walked into his house to find it completely silent. He walked in his bedroom to see his boyfriend sitting on the bed with his knees pulled to his chest. "Birdie? Are you okay?" He asked Matthew quietly. Matthew looked up and didn't answer. The thoughts kept running through his head."Matthew?"
"A-am I good e-enough?" He asked quietly, but apparently Gilbert heard anyways.
"What do you mean 'are you good enough?' Matthew?"
"A- am I good enough f-for you?" Matthew asked. This question had been on Matthew mind for months. Was he really good enough for Gilbert? Gilbert could easily get anybody he wanted.
"Matthew of course you are, why are you asking me this?" The albino said as he sat down next to Matthew. Matthew shook his head and buried his face in his hands. Gilbert was concerned for the feeble blonde. Did he do something wrong?
"Gilbert you could have anyone in the world. Why could you pick me of all people."
Despite the fact that Matthew was crying now, Gilbert smiled. "Matthew, come here." He grabbed Matthew's hand and pulled him to his chest. "Birdie you are everything to me and you are perfect for me. I don't want anybody else. I love you."
"I love you too." Matthew said as he curled into Gilbert's chest.
"Can I ask you something?" Matthew looked up with curious eyes. Gilbert stood up and kneeled on the side of the bed. "Will you marry me Matthew?" 
Matthew was shocked to say the least. He was always worried that Gilbert was going to leave him, but he was planning to marry him? "Yes."

I'm sorry for not updating for a few days and I'm sorry for the terrible ending. I'll try to do better next time.