Dead

This is the story of me being dead. I know I know some of you may be thinking 'how can you be dead, you're narrating this story?' Well you see I'll tell you a story, I woke up, went to school, then died. The end

Haha fooled you didn't I? I really am dead though. You see when I went to school there was a mass shooting and, if I'm right, 17 people died. Including me. Yep. Fun.
Here I am dead. Sitting in a cafe , for the dead. You see I didn't originally know I was dead until someone said' hey you're dead, sucks for you.' I don't really mind being dead though. I thought that the whole school shooting was just a dream, but no when I woke up I was in Stadt der Toten, or city of the dead. Lucky me.
Apparently Stadt der Toten is one of the many places that you can end up on once you die. But I like it here. It was basically my old home town except you know everyone here is dead. Now I guess I should introduce myself, my name is Matthew Williams I was 17 years old and I am currently dead. Though apparently being dead does not mean that you can't fall in love.
A few weeks after I got here I met the handsome Gilbert Beilschmidt. Gilbert had died in Gettysburg, during the American Civil War. He was a German Union soldier. And he was hot. Apparently his family moved to America before the war started.
Gilbert has white hair that frames his beautiful face perfectly. His red eyes seemed to always be filled with excitement, no matter what was going on around him. I glanced over at him, he was sitting a few booths away. He was wearing the same uniform them at he wore everyday. And it fit him well, the uniform gave him plenty of room to maneuver if needed but also was tight enough to give a hint of the taunt muscles hidden beneath. "Birdie? Are you okay?" I blink and I realize that he's standing right in front of me.
"Yes, I'm sorry, I spaced out." I mumble, my voice being soft and quiet.
"That's okay, I understand." He smiles at me. He's the only person who seems to be able to understand me. He knows that I've been sad since I got here, but can you blame me. I won't be able to see my brother, Alfred, or my parents until they die. And that will hopefully be years from now. Not that I don't want to see them, I just don't want for them to miss out on their life. Like I did, like a lot of people did. It wouldn't be fair to them.
"Do you ever miss your old life?" I ask Gilbert as we begin to leave the cafe.
"I don't know, sometimes I do but this is my life now. And back then I didn't have anyone I love. Not really. There were a few people that I could see myself marrying but I could never have loved them."
"Do you love someone here?" I ask him as we continue to walk through the city.
"I fell in love with someone. They could never love me back though." He's blushing,I note and if there's one thing I have realized it's that Gilbert never blushes. But as soon as he said that my heart deflated. It's not easy to watch the one you love love someone else.
"Who is it? Maybe I can help you." He sighs and turns towards me.
"It's you birdie, it always has been, since I met you." What?
"You-you love me? Why?" He smiles lightly at me and cups my face with his hands.
"Why not? You're sweet, you're amazing, you're beautiful. You're everything I looked for in someone. I just know you don't feel the same way."
He sighs as he drops his hands from my face. "That's where you're wrong Gilbert." I say
As I grab his hands. "I do feel the same way. I love you."
Gilbert smiles at me before he places his hands back on my face." Can I do something I've wanted to do for a while now?" He asks me gently and I nod. Suddenly his eyes are closed and his lips are on mine. I close my eyes and I gently kiss him back.

Hallo my dear readers. This is the plot of a story that I've thought about writing, where someone dies and they go to a town or a city that is full of dead people. There they meet someone they fall in love with.
Please tell me, if I put this story up on Wattpad, would you read it? I want to know before I write it.