Storms

Matthew felt like crying. He was curled up on the couch with his hands covering his ears. Thunder boomed and Matthew jumped. He was waiting for his husband to come home.
Gilbert was supposed to have the day off but Gilbert got called into work. So Matthew was left all alone, and to make things worse it was storming. Matthew was scared of thunder and it seemed like it wasn't going to be over anytime soon. He had the t.v. And the radio turned up as loud as it could. However the thunder seemed to only get louder and louder.
Matthew began to cry into his hands as he waited for his husband to get back home. He missed him.
Gilbert was exhausted, it was 11:30 before he got home. He wanted to talk to his birdie but he was probably asleep. Gilbert walked in and the t.v. was up as loud as possible and so was the radio. Gilbert turned off both and turned around to see Matthew curled up on the couch and crying into his hands. Gilbert hugged Matthew, who held him like his life depended on it. Matthew shook in Gilbert's arms and he picked up the shaking Canadian and brought him to their bed. "Birdie, do you want to change?" He asked his feeble husband. Gilbert began to pet his husband's hair. Matthew tried to calm down as he was pet, and he listened to Gilbert's voice. Matthew wiped the tears from his eyes and began to drift off to sleep. "That's it, I'll be here when you wake up." Matthew allowed for sleep to overcome him.
Gilbert looked at his sleeping husband and smiled. Sure he did want to talk to him but that could wait. His phone started ringing and he quickly answered it so it wouldn't wake up the blonde next to him. "Hello?" Who would call at 11:30? The Prussian asked himself.
"Is Mattie ok? I heard about the storm and I know he's scared of thunder." Came the surprisingly soft voice of Matthew's brother, Alfred.
Alfred was loud and obnoxious, no doubt but he did care about his brother. How many threats Alfred gave Gilbert when they started dating? Too many to count. "He's fine, he's asleep right now." Alfred gave an okay and hung up.
Gilbert looked at his husband again, he then kissed his forehead before drifting off to sleep as well.
Thank you for reading this story. I hope you enjoyed.