Chapter 42: you are having a little.....

Alfie's POV

After finding out that Louise was pregnant too it made all of us so much more excited. Louise and Zoe spent as much time together as they could obviously with me, Matt and Darcy too. It was great, I was really having an amazing time. It was our 20 week scan today and I don't think I've ever been so excited, Zoe and I have been looking forward to this since forever. We spoke about it in LA and decided that we both wanted to find out the sex of the baby.

When we got to the maternity ward in the hospital we sat down in the waiting room. We waited until our midwife came through to get us and we went through with her. Me and Zoe had practically been holding hands the whole day but Zoe grips was getting tighter and tighter. We were both nervous and excited, like any other parents-to-be would be.

Zoe's POV

After we had found out that the baby was okay and we had heard the heartbeat and seen the sonogram. We got a print out and a video home with us. Now was the moment me and Alfie had both been waiting for.

"Would you like to know the sex of your baby?"

"Yes" we both said it together.

"Okay then, you are having a little girl!"

"Oh my god" I cried instantly, tears of happiness spilling down my face.

"Congratulations!"

I hugged Alfie and he was crying too. I don't think we had left our midwife without crying yet.

•••••

We were at home when I picked up my phone and dialled Joe's number.

"Hey Zo"

"Hey Joe, I was wondering if you guys wanted to come over for tea tonight?"

"Yeah sure, we'll be there!"

"Okay, I'll see you tonight."

"Bye Zo"

"Bye Joe, love you!"

"You too"

I hung up the phone and went to dial Poppy's number, Alfie's sister.

"Hello Zoe!"

"Hi Poppy"

"I was wondering if you and Alfie's parent's wanted to come over for tea tonight?"

"Yeah sure, I'm sure that would be great."

"Okay, just let me know if it's definite! I'll see you tonight!"

"Bye Zoe"

"Bye!"

I hung up the phone again before going through to our room and telling Alfie that our families were coming over for tea. We went to the local shop and got some food to give to our families and we headed back. I had a text from Poppy saying that they would definitely be over tonight. Great! I prepared the food for later on tonight then I had a shower. I got ready then went back through and cooked the tea. Alfie tried to help but I knew what I was doing so I told him just to go and get ready whilst I made tea. Whilst everything was cooking I went into our room and got changed. I dried and curled my hair and I put on some make up. Alfie got out of the shower when I was finished doing my hair so we spoke whilst he done his hair and I done my make up. After we were both ready I went through and checked on the food and there was a knock at the door. I went and opened the door and welcomed my family in. About 10 minutes later Alfie's family were here too. We all sat down at the table and Alfie and I got the food through.

After we had ate I cleared away the plates and everyone sat down in the living room.

"So there was a reason I invited you all over today."

I sat down next to Alfie and grabbed onto his hand.

"We were at the hospital today"

"Is everything okay?"

"Yes Joe, everything is great."

A smile spread across everyone's faces and that's before I even told everyone that it was a girl.

"And we found out the sex of the baby too."

I looked a Alfie and he told them. "It's a girl!"

Everyone laughed and hugged us. Congratulating us, my family especially since the knew I had always wanted a little girl.

•••••

Alfie's POV

It was later on that night, our families had left and now we were going Skype our friends and tell them. When everyone was connected and there we told them.

"Hey everyone! Just thought we would let you all know that we had our 20 week scan for baby Zalfie today!"

Everyone congratulated us and asked us how we got on.

"So everything is fine. In fact everything is great! We found out the sex of the baby and it is a little girl!"

Everyone congratulated us again and told us how happy they were for us. Everyone's reaction seemed to be the same.

•••••

Later on that night me and Zoe just lazed around. We watched some TV and some youtube videos and we went to bed. We had an amazing day and it was a day I will never forget. The day I found out that I would have a beautiful baby girl.