Chapter Nine: Chris Admits

Sam's POV

It's like the time stopped. My jaw drops and my eyes bulge out of it's sockets. The scenery is like those in cliché movies.. we were standing at the parking lot, me facing him and he staring at me as he admits his feelings towards me.

Did he just said that? Did he just said he likes me? We barely even know each other, we only met in the small café near the school and he asking me my name and number. That's all. He can't have feelings towards me just almost immediately right? And he can't just tell me he likes me out of nowhere!

"Excuse me?" I ask.

Please tell me he's just kidding.

Chris didn't look away nor try to change the topic and defend himself, instead he looks at me straight in the eye and as if reading my mind, he answered. "I know that we just met like, four days ago and we didn't really got the chance to talk and get to know each other. But during that time in the café, while I'm looking at you while you talk with your girls. The way you smile, the way you laugh at something your friend tells you, the way you defended me from Alec and you just being.. you, I don't even know what happened. The only thing I know is that I'm starting to like you."

I don't know that I've been crying until Chris reached towards my face and wiped a tear away.

So cheesy, yet it makes me cry.

"I know that this is just the first day of school and that I'd just admitted my feelings towards you but I can't control my feelings, can I?" He smiles a little and that little thing lightens up the mood a bit. Just a bit, like a drop of water from the faucet. "And I don't want to be like those cliché guys in cliché stories where they'll wait until they're sure to their feelings. I don't want to be like the one's who are too shy to admit their feelings towards someone. I want to be different. This is a non- cliché cliché story right? " He jokes and I giggle a little. I look up at him and there's a glint of hope in his eyes. "I don't want us to be awkward, we're still friends right? Or are we even friends?"

I nodded. "We're friends. And I'm sorry I'm silent the whole time. I just don't know how to handle this kinds of situations." He nodded and we started to walk back towards Devon's parking space.

There, I spotted Cole sitting in the hood of the car with his arms over his chest and is staring at the sky. When he heard our footsteps he look over at us and scrunch up his eyebrows in confusion as he look at Chris.

"Done making out?" He asks us in a teasing manner.

"Shut up." I mutter. I turn to Chris who's watching us and wave. "Bye Chris, see you tomorrow."

He waved back. "See you." He nods his head towards Cole's direction and walk away.

"Where's Devon?" I asked my twin, looking around.

"I told her to go home already. She and her twin." He tells me. I nodded. I don't want to be in a car with that jerk, ever. I don't want to be close to him too! I must stay away from him. 10 meters away will do!  Such an asshole. "Get in." Cole opened the door for me and I get in.

"Who is he?" Cole asks me as he  gets in the car. I strap on my seat belt and turn on the radio.

"A friend." I said, tuning on the radio. Once I was settled, I sit back and stare at the scenery outside the window.

"Of course he is." Cole teases but didn't talk about it even more and just continue driving. A music begins to play in the radio. A slow song. As the song continues, I found myself falling asleep and closes my eyes.