Chapter Thirty- three: Jealous Princess

*SAM'S POV

They both hugged each other for 5 seconds and then after looked at me with grins on their faces.

You're both grinning huh...

"Samantha, I want you to meet Jenna Rings, my best friend." Chris introduced me to the girl and she smiles at me while offering her hand. 

Best friend...

"Hi Sam, I'm glad to finally meet you." she says.

I stand up and shook her hand. "Hi Jenna. " I said politely.

"Do you want to join us?" Chris asked her and my eyes grew wide. Okay.. Chris turned to me. "If it's okay with you?" he showed me that charming smile and my heart stopped. Oh no. Don't smile at me like that. 

"Sam?" Chris called me and smiles again.

"Uhm. Yeah it's okay." I faked smiled. I thought this is OUR time. But it would be mean if I told them no.

"Aww thank you. " Jenna smiled at me and sat beside Chris. Jenna went to the counter and ordered. After a few minutes she came back with a tub of Cookie Dough ice cream.

"So, what are you two doing here?" Jenna smiled at us. "Having a date? "

"We're not together." Chris sighs. "Yet." And winked at me.

My face flushed and I smiled at him.

"Aww.. that's cute." Jenna turned to me. "Girl, you're in good hands. Chris is a complete package. You're one hella lucky girl. "

"Nah. I'm the lucky one " Chris smiled at me. "She's almost perfect. "

I can feel butterflies in my stomach just by hearing that. I really am would be lucky to have Chris. He's such a gentleman, smart, funny and caring. I don't really understand why someone like him would fall for someone like me.

Someone incomplete.

We chatted for a few minutes, but most of the time it's Jenna and Chris who are talking. I can see the looks Jenna is giving at Chris whenever he isn't looking.

Huh. This girl likes him.

I even notice that she's talking to Chris as if I'm not there. She would only speak to me whenever Chris does. And usually cuts me off.

Damn girl, I can read you like a magazine.

And after a few more minutes, Jenna bid us goodbye saying that her friends had arrived and that she just waited for them.

And Chris and I were alone again.

"It's already 6. " I say. Trying to cut the awkward situation. "I think we should go home."

"Ohh, I didn't notice that. " he chuckles, scratching the back of his head. "Okay."

We walked silently towards the parking lot and got on his car. He started the engine and drove away.

Silence..

5 minutes had passed.

10 minutes..

15...

"She's beautiful, eh." I say, looking at the window.

"Who?" He asks.

"Your bestfriend."

"Jenna?"

I stared blankly at him. "No, the old lady sitting behind us at Ben and Jerry's. Of course it's Jenna."