Chapter Ten:Awkward?

Chapter Ten: Awkward?
Sam's POV:

Silence.

I grab my glass of milk and sipped from it, not breaking my gaze from Cole. He eats quietly as he stare in his breakfast...a cereal. Mom is looking at us back and forth as she observes our every movement.

Still silence.

"Okay." Mom suddenly speaks and I shot her a curious look. Huh? Cole still stares at his food like it can save him any time from this awkward situation. And I look at my cereal.. maybe it can.

"Stop it. " Mom speaks again and this time Cole turns to her.

"Huh?" He said.

Mom face palms herself and shook her head. "Stop what?" I ask.

"Stop it. Stop that. " Mom tells us, raising her hands and shaking it. "Stop this.. awkward silence."

Cole looks at me in a few seconds before returning to his cereal, finishing it and standing up to place it in the dishwasher. Mom turns to me..oh no. I'm in the spotlight.  "Sam."

"Mom." I gave her a sly smile. Ugh, I feel like shrinking into this chair.

"Spill." Mom demands me. Oh great.

"Spill what mommy?" I ask, playing dumb. I know what she wants me to say but maybe playing innocent to the situation will make her stop, right? Right??

"Oh please, Samantha. I know you like the back of my hand. First, you never call me mommy. Second, I know when you are lying or hiding something from me." Mom smirks at me and points at my fingers. "For example, your fingers. You play with them when you're nervous or something. So spill Samantha."

Ugh. Where's Cole? He should be here to help me! I look over at the kitchen sink but he's not in there! DARN YOU COLE!

"Samantha... " Mom trails off and I know I can't get away from this, so it's better to tell the truth right?

"Fine, but promise me you won't scold at me nor freak out." I held out my pinky finger.

"What are you five?" Cole suddenly peaks behind the kitchen door. So that's where he's been hiding huh?

"Cole get your ass in here or else..." Mom hadn't even finished her sentence when Cole rushed into his seat earlier and sat down opposite me. Damn, our mom is so cool..

Mom gave me the look saying 'continue ' and I held out my pinky, she rolls her eyes and intertwined our pinkies.  I gulped and was about to continue but Cole beat me to it. "She punched a guy yesterday."

I look at him wide eyed before shrinking into my seat and closing my eyes. Straight forward much?  I peaked over at mom and she had this straight look at her face and nods. "And who is this guy?" What?

"Alec." Cole smirks, he looks proud though. Weird. I rolled my eyes and mentally face palmed myself. Nice one Cole.

Mom's eyes grew wide. " Alec!? Like Alec Collins? Samantha!"

I stood up and wave my hands frantically. "What? You want me to apologize? No! I did that on purpose mom. He insulted me. He called me a bitch and a whore, he also called my friend ugly for your information!"

And this time, Cole's eyes grew wide and he clenches his jaw. He stood up and grab me by the arm. I was about to shout at him but I saw the seriousness in his eyes, so I stayed quiet. "We're going now mom." Mom was about to tell something but Cole already pulled me outside.

"Get in." He demands. I hopped into the passenger seat. I strapped on my seatbelt and Cole drove off. I checked out my wristwatch and we only have 6 minutes until the bell ring!