Chapter Twenty-Three: Headaches and Staying

Sam's POV

"Hmm.." I squint as the morning light shines to my eyes. I get up and yawn, stretching my arms. This is weird. There's no ringing of my alarm echoing through the whole room or Cole's muffled voice coming through the door as he tries to wake me up. I look towards my nightstand where my alarm clock sits and my eyes grew to the size of Jupiter as I see the time. 12:50 pm.

I scream and then a surge of pain curses through my head. I groan as the headache continues on, getting more painful by the time. My head throbs, my vision blurries, my whole world is spinning and I swear for a millisecond I heard my heartbeat. Tears starts to form at the sides of my eyes and I did nothing to wipe them away. And then I remember what Dr. Alfonso told me before when I was still in the hospital.

Inhale.. exhale... close your eyes and steady your breathing. Don't focus on the pain..

I close my eyes and inhale..then exhale.. steadying my breathing...

And then my whole world was back to normal. The throbbing slowly eases, my blurry vision slowly returns to normal until I can see crystal clear. I looked up and wiped my sweaty face, I stood up and walk carefully towards the bathroom. When done, I changed into a loose black T-shirt and a red shorts. After I blow dried my hair, I tied it up into a messy bun.. I went downstairs and stop when the smell of freshly cooked carbonara enters my nose. I emerge into the kitchen and freeze in my spot when I saw a guy standing in front of the stove wearing my favorite pink apron with a fork in hand.

My eyebrows scrunches up as I looked at the figure in front of me from head to toe. He doesn't look like Cole. 

I grabbed the nearest thing I can get without breaking my gaze from him. Fortunately, I got the best weapon everyone can get. A water bottle. Note the sarcasm guys. I walk slowly towards him and hold the water bottle tightly. I inch the bottle closer to him and press the lid in his back. Find a way to scare this guy out...

"Freeze." I say. "Raise your hands."

The guy stopped and chuckle. "What if I don't want to?"

I press the lid even more. "I'll shoot you."

Wow Samantha, you should know the difference between a gun and a water bottle.

Way to scare a person out, seriously?

He raises his hands and stop at shoulder level. And then he speak. "I'm sorry. "

"I'll still call the cops, who are you? "

He chuckles deeply. "I'm Chris Harrolds, Ma'am. "

My eyes grew wide and I turned him to face me. And yep, he is Chris Harrolds.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

He shrugs. "I volunteered on helping you."

Huh?

"What?"

"Nothing. Here's your brunch." He hands me the plate of pasta and leans forward. "And next time don't scare someone using a water bottle. And seriously, the guy is robbing your house and what you only managed to do is ask his name? So funny Samantha."

I stare at him, wide eyed.

I can feel my cheeks heat up.

I followed him with the plate in hand towards the living room. He gestures for the television and I nod, he turns it on and we both sat on the white soft sofa. I take a forkful of pasta and start chewing it. I smile. "This tastes good. You cooked this?"