Chapter Eighteen: BBQ Parrtyy

Sam's POV

"I'm tired." Cole groans.

"You still have a lot to clean. " I said, pointing towards the kitchen counter and the sink. Devon is cleaning the floor with a mop while Alec is trying to save some of the ingredients that is still clean and can be used. Cole runs his hand through his hair and yawns. "I'm tired. "

"Yeah, we heard you the first time." Alec speaks and Devon continues for him. "And like what Sam told you..you have a lot to clean."

I chuckle and continue washing the plates. Mom emerged from the kitchen door and smirks. "You guys enjoying?"

Cole rolls his eyes. "So much mom."

"Really? That's just great, since you're enjoying this, Cole Troy. Later will you please do your laundry and then clean your room?"

Cole groaned. "Mom, stop calling me that. "

Mom shrugs. "That's your name, sweetheart. "

I giggled and Cole glared at me. Just then, I heard my phone buzzed. I grab it from my back pocket and opened my messenger app.

Chris Harrolds: hey..

Sam Bentley:  what's up?

After a few seconds, my phone buzzed again.

Chris Harrolds:  Just wanna know if you're busy.

I bit my lip and texted back.

Sam Bentley: We're having a barbecue party tonight. Wanna come?

Chris Harrolds: Is it fine for your family?

I look up from my phone and ask mom. "Hey mom, is it alright if Chris joins us tonight? "

Mom tilts her head. "Chris? "

I mentally face palmed myself. I forgot that mom doesn't know Chris.

"One of my friends." I stated and mom nodded. "Of course. Go invite Mallory and Rachel too."

I grin. "Thanks mom!"

Sam Bentley: Yeah.

Chris Harrolds:  Okay, what time do you want me to come?

Sam Bentley: Maybe at seven  pm.

Chris Harrolds: Okay, see ya later alligator

I laugh at the text. Devon raised her eyebrow at me and I just shook my head.

Sam Bentley:  In a while crocodile.

"SAMANTHA!"

"What now?" I groan as I get up from my bed. We finished our duties twenty minutes ago. After that I took a quick shower so let's just say that I didn't get a little time to take a rest.

"Come down here!" Mom speaks again. I walk downstairs lazily to see mom holding a piece of paper. "What's that? " I ask. "Can you go to the grocery store and buy this ingredients?" Mom shows me a cute little smile and bats her eyelashes at me.

I sighed then nodded. Mom claps her hands happily and kissed my cheek. I smiled at her and took the paper from her and the money and rushed upstairs. The faster I do this chore, the faster I can sleep. I hurriedly change into a black T-shirt and a white shorts. I tied up my hair into a bun and wore on my favorite Black & White Adidas and get outside. As I was leaving the house, Alec got out of theirs. He must've noticed me and turned around. I stared at him. The smile I saw on his face before was gone.. wait who am I kidding? He barely even smile. Maybe he just ate something last night, that's why I was able to talk normally to him.