Chapter Thirty-Eight: Letting You Go

SAM'S POV

"How are you feeling? " Alec asks.

I stare at him dumbfounded. It's like all of the words were flushed out of my mind and I don't know what to tell him. Yeah, the answer to his question is only a word or two, but still, it's seems like I still don't know the right words to say.

He's here. Alec's here. Sitting beside me, visiting me, asking me... Looking and talking to me.

All the memories from before up until now came flooding back to me as I stare at him. I looked away.

"Hey.. " he calls out and I felt a small pain in my chest. His voice.. so calm.. So sweet. Like music to my ears.

"U-uhmm..." I really don't know what to say! I cleared my throat and forced a smile before turning to him. "I-I'm fine."

He nods and looked away, maybe feeling the awkwardness of the moment. Hell yeah, it really is awkward.

Silence enveloped us as neither of us tries to speak. I sighed. Sam, do it.

There's that voice again, eh?

I bit my lip as I look at Alec. He must've seen me from his peripheral vision and turned to me too. I wanted to speak, I wanted to say the words to him so bad but his eyes, the way he looks at me, it brings back all the emotions, all the memories we've had before.

And I can't help but cry.

"S-sam?? " He asks, coming closer to me. I shook my head and rests it on both of my hands as my tears came flooding down. Alec.. "Hey, what's wrong? "

"Hey, Sammy? Tell me what's wrong, please. " he says again and that's when I faced him again, with tears flowing down my eyes as I stare at him.

"Aren't you mad at me? " I finally asked. I stood up, still facing him. "C-cause if you do then you can stop the act now, okay? Be mad at me! Shout at me! Tell me hurtful things, Alec I will accept it! " Tears continue falling down my eyes and I can't take it anymore! I crouched down as my knees felt weak and I cried. "Y-you should be mad at me! You should hate me! Alec.. I will accept everything. If you want me to stay away from you I'll-"

Suddenly, Alec came at me and hugged me. I froze, his hug... It's been months since I've last felt it. His hug that's always so comforting, his hug that makes you feel what he's feeling... I thought I wouldn't be able to feel it again.

"I wouldn't be able to live if you go.." He whispers, sending tingles down my spine. He hugs me even tighter as he brushes my hair with his fingers. "Sammy, I'm not mad at you. Well, not anymore..." He chuckles. "I didn't want them to tell you before that we're together because... I was so mad at you. I really thought you cheated on me and so, I wanted to start a new life-"

"As a badboy.. " I whisper, chuckling a little. He laughs and nod.

"Yeah.. I thought before that if girls wouldn't be serious about me, then I wouldn't take them seriously too." He chuckles, still caressing my hair. "But you know, it really is so hard for me to treat you badly. Didn't you notice it? I've been good and sweet to you at times?" He grabbed my face and made me face him. He's pouting at me like a kid!

I tried my best to suppress my laugh and nodded. "Yeah, yeah.. I've noticed it. "

"Yeah.. Sometimes, I forget that I'm mad at you and act as if we're still together. And I would be mad at myself once I realize what I'm doing. " He shrugs. "Anyway.. I just found out last week what truly happened and I planned to tell you everything. Annnnnd you know what happened next. "

I closed my eyes as my hands reached for his back. Damn.. This guy's my weakness.

"Bro.. " Alec suddenly said and my brows furrowed. I looked at him and saw him staring at somebody behind me.