Chapter 19

I tightened my arms around my stomach and let some tears run down my cheeks but didn't make a sound. A tap on the door made my heart jump.I guess I must have been here longer than I needed to.I shut off the water and quickly dried myself off.I cringed putting the clothes on knowing that his hands were on them.

I stepped outside and saw him biting his nails impatiently.He stopped when he saw me in the door way and glared slightly but took a deep breath and walked over to me.

I stiffened as I took in his scent, thank god he didn't smell the same as he did in his wolf form.

He growled loudly making me shake with fear and back away from him but he wrapped his large hand around my wrist.His eyes grew darker as he sniffed me, but not with lust, with anger.

"He's spoiled you"he spat out and pulled my forward making me scream as he threw me onto the bed.I curled up and pulled my knees to my chest and started crying.

"Fucking rotten to the core you are.What happened to the perfect Jackie I knew?!Huh?!"he screamed at me.

"I'm not your mate! "I sobbed feeling my body shake everytime I cried.

"You will admit you are my mate....soon enough"he said locking the handcuff around my wrist and left the room locking the door from the outside.I let a sob but calmed down a little since he was no longer in the same room as me.

I lifted the comforter off the bed and wrapped myself around it, I need Mark.He could keep me warm.He would hold me all night and never let me go. I start crying again but not out of fear but just pure sadness. The thought of never seeing him again...no I can't think about that...I can't.

It was hard to fall asleep especially with the stupid chain resitricting me from moving.I tried imagining that Mark was next to me. But with Marius' scent all over the room I only felt extrmley queasy. I tried calling out to my wolf but was meant with silence, she was gone. Hopefully not forever....I couldn't live without her or Mark's wolf.

When it was reaching dawn I managed to shut my eyes for a bit at least until I heard the door open. I shot up preparing to yell at whoever it is to get out when I saw it was only Rebecca...with a bandage on her cheek.

"I-I'm so sorry did I wake you?"she stuttered and I shook my head lying.

She was carrying a tray with breakfast on it but I didn't feel up to eating anything.She got up to leave when I reached to grab her wrist but was stopped by my chain.

"What happened to you?"I asked and she shrugged.

"Uncle Richard threw a cup at me"she said quietly and I felt some instinct to hold her even if I barely knew her.

"May I ask why?"I said and she looked uncomfortable.

"He doesn't like me talking to....people like you"she said not meeting my eyes.

"Werewolves"I said but she didn't reply.

"Theres something else I've been hearing about you...that I overheard Marius talking about yesterday."she said and I felt my hands get cold.

"What is it?"I asked.

"That you....are um...pregnant"she squeaked out.

"What? But I..."I look down at my stomach...theres nothing there...just a small bump...a small bump.

She looks at me, waiting for me to say something but I don't know what to say.

Finally I fumble around with the words in my head and finally figure out a coherent sentence.

"What else did they say?"I asked and she opened her mouth to talk when someone cleared their throat at the door.She shut her mouth immediatley and her face paled.