Chapter 20

He dragged me outside the room no matter how hard I tried to get loose from his grip.

No one was in the hallway outside the room. Were they all afraid of him?

"If you keep struggling I will drag you back to that room and stay in there with you all day"he said tightening his grip.I knew the meaning behind his threat and felt my blood run cold.

I didn't struggle anymore when he pulled me down the corridor to the very last room.When we entered it looked like a regular office.But what stood out was a bed in the middle and machine next to it.

"What is this?"I hissed at him and he tightened his grip on my wrist.I whimpered when he pulled me towards a man in a white coat.

Richard was talking to him but they stopped when we came into view.I glared at Richard but he wouldn't even meet my eyes.

"You must be Jacqueline. It's nice to meet you"the man in the white coat said giving me a small smile that I didn't return.

"May we carry on with this please"Marius said trying to hold back a growl.

"Alright please lay back here than M'am"the man said patting the bed.

"Why?"I said ignoring Marius' hand on my lower back as he slightly pushed me forward.

"For your ultrasound ofcourse....were you not told?"he looked curiously at Marius and Richard.

"Forgive my wife she can be forgetful sometimes"Marius said faking a smile. Wife?!

He pushed me lightly again but I hesitated a little before finally lying down on the bed. Richard stood away from us and then I realized he actually looked completely terrified.

I felt Marius tighten his grip on my wrist, he caught me staring and glared at me. I looked away immediately and down at the small bump underneath my shirt.

"Please lift your shirt"the man said and I widened my eyes.

"Not all the way just enough so I can get at your stomach"he said giving me a small smile while turning on the machine next to the bed.

I slowly lifted my shirt rolling it so my bra wouldn't show. It felt strange being here with these men. I should be here with Mark...is he trying to find me? Does he know where I am? Do I even know where I am...

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt a cold liquid being squeezed onto my stomach. I gasped and he apoligzed and grabbed a part of the machine that was attached to a cord.

Marius moved his hand off my wrist and looked at the screen closely as the doctor moved the object around my stomach.

Nothing was coming at first. I was actually thankful for that. I have no idea what type anger Marius can release onto me if I am pregnant. He'll hurt me I know he will, he'll hurt my child....Mark's child.

The sound of a heart beat interupts the dead silence in the room.

"And there would be the child's heart beat. See that little blip right there."he points at the screen and I look at it with wide eyes,"Congratulations"he says giving me a smile that I do not return.

"Thank you Doctor you may go now"Marius says. The doctor looks at him strangely and then back at me. Richard leads him outside anyways and leaves me and Marius alone.

I put my shirt down and sit up looking at the still picture of me and Mark's child.I felt my blood run cold when Marius let out a loud threatening growl.

"How could you have let this happen?!?"he yelled at me. I sat there frozen in fear, not knowing what to say.

"Answer me!!"he yelled and all that came out was a small squeak.