Chapter 24

What I know now is this. Marius has been working with the wolf hunters for who knows how long but we're still hoping that now they'll abandon him, now that he no longer has me. And as for Trevor,even Jeremy didn't know about his brother being a traitor. He must have been the way Marius snuck into the pack several times without being detected. I hope to god he has some good reason to do this I can't stand seeing Mark so angry. I'm sitting in the stupid games room not even doing anything, with Jeremy in there with me.

Mark has been locked in his office all day with other members of the pack and even Gabriel for some reason. I look over at Jeremy who looks deep in thought.

"Are you trying to contact him?" I break the silence wanting to know if he's heard from Trevor.

"He's blocking me out." He says and runs a hand through his hair and stands up.

"What about Rebecca? How is she doing?" I ask. I would assume he'd want to spend as much time as possible with her. Yet here he is stuck with me.

"She's terrified of me. Everything I do. If I move I hear her heart go crazy. I should have controlled myself when I first saw her. I'm not as strong as Mark was when he first saw you. She keeps asking to see you. But I don't think Mark would like it" he says and I shake my head.

"Let me worry about Mark. Bring her over tomorrow it would be nice to have another girl in the house" I say and Jeremy smiles in a way that I've never seen him do before.

"Thank you Luna" he says and I laugh.

"Please call me Crystal. You call Mark by his name. Aren't we friends?" I say and he nods.

"Of course Crystal. Just not in front of him. You know how he gets" he says and we both laugh.

The door opens and our laughter stops. Mark walks in with Gabriel who waves at me. I don't do anything to greet him back.

"Jeremy go home. And take this with you." Mark says rolling his eyes and points to Gabriel. Gabriel scoffs and leaves with Jeremy following after him.

"I've missed you. I feel like I haven't seen you all day" I say and extend my arms to him. His face relaxes more and he falls to his knees infront of the couch I'm sitting on and lays his head in my lap while wrapping his arms around my lower back.

"I'm doing my best. There's no one I can trust with my life except you" he says and looks up at me. I smile and run my hand through his hair.

"You mean us" I say and he closes his eyes and nods before kissing my stomach.

"You know I wasn't expecting a pup for a couple years. I thought we'd be married first" he says and I lightly smack his head.

"You don't want this baby then? You should have controlled yourself more in bed" I say accusingly and he shakes his head.

"It just means I'll have to marry you even sooner" he says. I smile and sigh wanting to be in his arms. Of course he's already in my head and gets on the couch with me and snuggles me.

"I want Rebecca to come to the house with Jeremy. She's my friend and his mate" I say and he tightens his hold a little.

"She's a Corvin. She helped them keep you hostage." He says and I glare at him.

"She's not one of them. Even when I met her I knew she was different. She saved my life." I argue and he looks at me immediately and kisses my forehead.

"I'll never lose you. Never" he says and we fall asleep together right there.

(Marius' POV)

"Stupid Boy!! He gets in my way! And steals my mate! I'll shred them both to pieces!!" I scream into the night and smell the fear coming from that idiotic Trevor.

"What the fuck do you suppose I do now?! Those fucking humans no longer trust me and now he knows I have you on my side!" I yell and he lifts his head up high.

"Sir. The shop owner still stands with you no matter what. What little family he has left....he'll make them stand with you. We still have a chance." Trevor says and I scoff.

"I have no chance if we can't get into the pack. That's why you needed to stay you idiot! I have no upper hand. Has your brother said nothing???" He shakes his head.

"I've been linking with him all day. He wants no part. I'll keep trying. He says he has a more important reason to live for" Trevor says and my anger builds up inside me.

I lift my hand to strike him when I begin coughing crazily and spit up blood. Trevor does nothing but look away. Damn right he should. I may be dying but I'm still strong enough to kill anyone I want.

I wipe away the extra blood around my mouth. "I had her. She was mine...How the fuck did they get through the barrier???" I scream again.

"Gabriel sir. I'm sure you're familiar with him" My anger builds up again but I hold back.

"That stupid piece of shit still calls himself a wolf after all that he's done to himself" I spit out.

"Come on. I need to make sure my future is secure" I say and shift along with Trevor.

We run back to the home of those stupid wolf hunters. When I arrive I smell the remains of their dead on the air as well as see them gather what bodies remained intact after the attack. Some of them are brave enough to glare at me while others keep their head down. I go inside and meet with Richard he sits in his office with his head down. I spin his chair around and he gasps when he sees me.

"You thought our deal was done? We still have plenty to do" I say and he stands.

"Half my family is gone because of you. Half of the last family of wolf hunters and you want me to help you after all that you've done. Nothing is stopping me from trying to kill you right now." He says and I hear Trevor growl.

I raise my hand and he stops. "You are going to help. If not then I'll make sure your family line ends right now. I'll rip out your throat and we'll finish off the rest of your pathetic family" I yell in his face. He stares at me shocked before sitting down. I smile and clap my hands together making him jump. I look over and notice the crossbow sitting on his desk,loaded with silver arrows.

"I hope you have very good aim. We'll be needing your skills very soon" I say and smile.

He can take her away. But he can't keep her alive.

A/N: Thank you guys so much for being loyal readers and waiting for me to update. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I will be finishing this story but I would also like to hear thoughts on a spin off involving Rebecca and Jeremy called "My Human" so just let me know what you think. I'll hope for at least 15 votes and some comments on this chapter before I start writing the next one thank you guys so much!!