Sleep

"What are we gonna do now?" Lorelai panicked. "What on earth are we going to do with Tera. She never acted like this before!"

"It's all because of that stupid kid back at her school, he called her stupid then she repeated it. "Damn it!" Luke yelled.

"Dam it!" Emma repeated

"No! Emma! Don't say that. It's a bad word. Yucky. Bleh!" Luke made funny faces. Lorelai let out a laugh. "Just what we need." Luke sighed.

Luke went into his office to look for good schools for his daughter. They all wanted the best for her, they wanted her to be at the best school in the world, wanted her to grow up smart and be like...Rory. At the time Luke and Lorelai didn't realize they were setting high standards for a 5 year old. All Lorelai knew before was her daughter, Rory. Rory...oh she missed her. Rory and Jess were off vacationing in Hawaii for their honeymoon, 3 weeks, 3 weeks without Lorelai. Rory was a grown woman, but her mother still worried about her. She didn't always like Jess, but she wanted what was best for Rory and would do anything to make her happy.

"Emma up you go!" Lorelai picked Emma up and pretended Emma was flying.

"Weeee!!" Emma squealed with excitement! "Again, Again!"

Luke turned off the computer, and went in the living room to see his beautiful wife and daughter having so much fun. He smiled. He loved seeing them happy.

"Daddy!" Emma pointed.

"Hey Luke." Lorelai said as she put Emma down.

"How are my girls?" Luke lifted Emma and spun her around then went over to Lorelai and kissed her.

Lorelai looked at her phone, the time showed 5:00 pm. "Hey sweetie, it's time for your nap."

"Nooooooo!" Emma wailed.

Just as Lorelai went to pick her up, Emma ran. She was not going to sleep. She wanted to stay up and play of course!

Just as Lorelai went to catch her, Luke stopped her. "I got this." He said. He picked Emma up and soothed her. "Shhh angel. Here you go. Nice and cozy bed."

"Nooooo!!" Emma screamed. "I don't want to!"

"Emma, here's Teddy. Now sleep for me. Okay?"

Emma gradually stopped crying. She laid down and actually began to sleep!

"Miracle worker!" Lorelai whispered.

"I guess you could say that." Luke smirked and hugged his wife. Come on lets go take a nap ourselves.

*

Luke heard screaming. He darted up to realize it was Lorelai. "Hey! Honey! Lorelai! What's wrong?!"

Lorelai was shaking crying. Luke grabbed her. "Lorelai what's wrong? Bad dream?"

"I saw you. You were...no no no!" Lorelai choked out her words.

"What? What! Baby talk to me!" Luke was scared now.

"You were being chased... don't leave me you can't!" Lorelai grabbed Luke and wrapped her legs and arms around him in a hug and was sobbing. Luke began comforting her. He let her cry into him. He knew that she went through a traumatic experience and needed extra comfort. He was fine with that, with the comfort that is. He loved giving Lorelai attention and loved how she trusted him.

2 hours later....

"Wow Luke, I had a total freak out. It was just a dream and I went crazy on you. Sorry." Lorelai was really tired.

"Don't have to apologize. Everything's good."
Luke assured.

Then they both heard crying. Oh great they both thought.

"I'll get her..." Luke said

"Thank you.." Lorelai rested her head on the table.

Luke waked in to Emma sucking her thumb whilst crying. Talent. "Oh sweetie it's okay." Luke lifter he out of her bed and kissed her on the cheek. "Don't cry. Daddy's here."

{To be continued....}

I just re-read this and cringed a bit. My writing skills have improved I believe. My AP language and Writing classes have definitely helped. Keep reading I promise is gets better.