Must be for the best

Luke and Lorelai lay in bed and Luke stroked her arm. She was asleep, she had a horrific night, and Luke wanted to make sure she knew she was safe.

Luke got up to get dressed, he went to the bathroom and let Lorelai sleep.

"Luke? Luke where are you?" Lorelai got scared, she didn't know where he was. "Luke!"

"I'm here", Luke went over to hug her. "Baby, baby I'm here." He kissed her. "I'm going to get ready okay?"

"Are the kids still with my Mom and Dad?"

"Yes babe, I'll go pick them up later."

Luke and Lorelai both got ready. Lorelai felt humiliated. She got seen naked by 5 men and then her husband saw her at her absolute worst. She felt weak, no longer strong like she used to always act. She couldn't hide it anymore.

"I want Rory..." Lorelai said. "Please call her. You can tell her what happened. Just I want to talk to her."

"Yes, I'll call her." Luke called Rory and explained it all.

"Oh my gosh." Rory started crying over the phone. "Mom must be so hurt, is she okay now? Is she doing alright? Oh my gosh I'm coming over." She told Jess, "Jess something happened, I have to go see my mom."

"Is everything okay?"

"Honestly, no. I need to go." Rory left.

Rory banged on the door.

"Rory, calm down." Luke raised his voice just a little, he was under a lot of stress with this situation.

"Uh..sorry. I'm just really worried."

"It's okay Rory." Luke patted her on the back, as a sort of apology for being on edge.

"Mom!" Rory ran upstairs. "Mom.." She ran and hugged her mom. They didn't say a word after that, just hugged, any fights they had before were in the past. They just laid there, in silence except for the soft cries.

*
They all decided to go to Emily and Richard's to explain what happened.

When they got there, Emily immediately got on Lorelai's case.(she did not know what had happened, but she'd regret this later.)

"Lorelai, what are you wearing? You look as you have never been in a civilized society."

"Sorry mom."

"Lorelai come here." Lorelai followed Emily upstairs.

"Mom, please don't start-."

"Lorelai, Christopher called. He really wants you back."

"MOM!" Lorelai yelled, "I'm married!"

"I know, but it's never too late for divorce."

"Stop. I can't believe you." Lorelai walked out of the room.

"Lorelai, we were having a decent conversation, you can't just walk off. Come here!"

"Mom, I was almost sexually abused. Are you happy? Are you happy that you get to bombard me as soon as I set foot in your house?"

"What?" Emily was shocked.

"Yes, mom.."

Emily hugged Lorelai. "I'm sorry..I...I didn't know..."

Emily went down stairs. "Luke, go take the children somewhere, Richard, Lorelai and myself need to speak."

Luke took the kids, and Rory to the other room. Rory played with Tera and Emma.

"Richard." Emily said. "Lorelai needs to tell you something."

"What's going on here?" Richard asked.

Lorelai told the whole story. The whole thing was so hard for her. She felt so exploited.

"Guys, I have to go. Luke! Let's go."

Lorelai, Luke, Rory, and the kids left to home.

"I need to sleep." Lorelai said

Things were not going to well, but maybe everything would end up turing out for the best.