7

-Ashton's POV-

"Do you think he'll be okay?"

"Yeah, he should wake up soon"

I felt something cold against my forehead and my eyes opened and I immediately had to squint to enable myself to adjust to the light that filled the small room. I looked beside me and saw the school nurse and Danielle which was a surprise.

"I'll go and get you two a drink of water" She left the room, leaving Danielle and I alone.

"You shouldn't have done that Ash" She smiled weakly and moved some of my hair with her fingers.

Danielle's soft lips placed a kiss against my forehead and she ran her thumb over the back of my hand. I could tell that she appreciated what I had done but clearly didn't want me to do it because now I've started a war between Calum and I.

"I could have handled that" She mumbled.

The nurse re-entered the room and handed me a cup of water which I quickly drank and checked my watch for the time. I thanked her and grabbed my bag before rushing out of the school and quickly approaching the gates.

Danielle appeared beside me and I assumed she just wanted someone to walk with since Calum had left already, probably after I had blacked out. I saw her looking at me in the corner of my eye, I looked over at her and watched her head quickly turn in the opposite direction.

"This is my house, I'll see you tomorrow Ash. Rest up" She chuckled and I gave her a small and awkward wave as I continued to walk down the long street so that I could get home.