5

-Ashton's POV-

*two weeks later*

The sound of the school bell filled the school hallways meaning that it was time to enter class, sadly. I would much rather admire Danielle from afar. I grabbed my books, closed my locker and entered the classroom and luckily didn't get caught up in hallway traffic.

"Where's Mr Hemmings?" Mrs Walters asked the entire class, only a few shrugs of the shoulders were sent back in response.

She rolled her eyes and sat down at her desk, her light blue eyes narrowed as she squinted at the computer screen and she occasionally looked up every once in a while so I assumed she was filling in the register.

I felt my chair being kicked so I turned around and saw Michael smiling at me, I awkwardly smiled back and turned around before pulling out my phone and checking my messages which were being spammed by Emily.

Em: Ashhhhhhhhh please kill me, I have home economics and I hate this class, ugh Mrs Gator is coming I have to go. See you tonight :)

I sighed and put my phone back into my pocket. I really wished that Emily came to this school so that I'd have a real friend instead of a bunch of fake ones.

The brown haired girl stormed through the door and slammed her bag down onto the desk in front of one of the popular lads who she clearly didn't like judging by the facial expression.

"Ahh, Miss Edwards. How nice of you to finally join us" Mrs Walters spoke up, catching her attention.

Her brown eyes narrowed as she gave her a look filled with disgust.

"How could you? I can't believe you told Imogen! She fucking hates me now! Was this your whole plan? Get me drunk, fuck me and then say that I came onto you?! thanks to you I've lost my best friend! You're a fucking asshole Danny. You better sleep with one fucking eye open because I'll get my revenge, you just don't know when! It'll happen, I promise" She growled, silencing the room.

Mrs Walters attempted to stop her but this only resulted in her almost getting hit in the face by Danielle's bruised fist.

"Like I'm scared of you" He snorted.

Within seconds, Danielle had dived over the desk and pounced onto Danny causing his chair to fall backwards and the two of them to end up on the floor. Danielle's fists slammed into his face as they were both yelling profanities at one another.

I decided to do something to prevent her from getting hurt. I jumped up from my chair and pulled her from Danny's body and held her arms behind her back so that she wouldn't hit me.

"Thanks Ash" Danny grumbled as he attempted to get himself up from the floor.

"Ashton, take her to the head's office" Mrs Walters mumbled into my ear.

I nodded and grabbed Danielle's bag and dragged her out of the classroom.

We sat opposite one another and she eventually looked up from the floor and her dark eyes met my hazel ones.

"why did you do that? I thought you didn't like him because he bullies you" she asked.

"I didn't want you- um any of you to get hurt" I shrugged.

She nodded and I watched her hands beginning to fiddle with the laces on her black boots. I had never been alone with her and I really liked it, I could admire her true beauty without anyone pointing it out to her.

"Here again Miss Edwards?" The Head sighed.  "Come in" He finished.