13

Emily's POV

"You shouldn't smoke, its bad for you" Ashton mumbled and took the cigarette from my hand.

"I've been told, to be honest I don't care. It could kill me, I know. I don't give a fuck Ash, it helps me to reduce stress"

He sighed and shook his head before dropping the cigarette over the edge of the building that we were sitting on top of. I gasped and stared at the boy in shock, it had just taken me a couple of minutes to perfectly roll that.

"Ashton!" I cried.

"I care about you, even if you don't care about yourself" He spoke a little louder.

"Why have you suddenly started smoking anyway? I'm sure Luke wouldn't approve of it" He asked.

I shrugged, refusing to admit that I was doing it only to get his attention back. Lately everything was about Danielle, someone who smoked and used people and took drugs. Maybe he liked bad girls, and if that was what it was going to take then I was willing to do it.

"How's school?" I choked.

"School? Em what's wrong?" Ash moved closer to me and placed his hand on my knee.

"Nothing. I'm just asking how school is going.." I muttered.

"Well, erm its good? I guess. It's better than it usually is now that I'm tutoring Danielle, she's always looking out for me and I think maybe she likes me back.. I've never felt this way about anyone before" He blushed.

ouch.

"That's great Ash! Go for it"