9

Ashton's POV

"Psst.. Ashton!" I felt a nudge against my shoulder.

"Ash, Hey Ash wake up!" I was shook violently which caused my eyes to fly open as I scanned my room in alert to distinguish the situation.

"What?" I hissed once I made eye contact with my best friend.

My eyes diverted towards the open window which was allowing the wind to furiously blow against my curtains sending them flying from their usual spot which covered my window and shielded me from the outside world and allowed me to have my own privacy which was... needed for a guy.. if you understand what I mean.

"What are you doing here at-" I paused and looked at my digital clock which was beside my bed, "at 3:30am?" I groaned and fell back against my bed whilst rubbing my hand over my face to attempt to wake myself up a little bit more.

The sound of her shoes falling against the floor filled the room taking over from the silence that was upon us. She crawled underneath the bed sheets and cuddled into my sides and let out a quiet sigh.

"You know how my cousin Declan was throwing a party tonight.." She trailed off and I nodded in response.

"Well that girl you like.. Danielle I think her name was?" She chuckled. "She was there, with some tanned boy who was pretty hot- anyway returning to the story.. they were drinking and making out."

"Pssh.. I don't like her and the way you're describing him sounds like its her boyfriend because he was pretty tanned. Dark hair?" She snorted and nodded her head.

"Oh please! Its obvious that you do like her, you didn't even have to tell me!"

I rolled my eyes although she couldn't see me due to it being dark in my bedroom at the time. I do like Danielle, a lot. I don't know why though.. that's what I don't understand- why do I like somebody that's so.. different? We have nothing in common.

"I might as well just give up before I even try. I have no chance with someone like her" I mumbled to myself, forgetting that Emily was beside me.

"She needs to stop sleeping around before you try, I can't have you getting hurt by her" Emily kissed my bare chest and I scrunched my face up slightly since that was something we wouldn't usually do.