15

Ashton's POV

*2 weeks later*

"Attention! As you all know, we have our mock exams starting today. Your first one will begin shortly after the paper's have been handed out. I wish you the best of luck."

I glanced around the classroom and spotted Danielle sitting in the back corner with a large cup of coffee on her desk. Her hair was effortlessly thrown up into a bun and her makeup was quite natural compared to normal.

After a few minutes staring in her direction and realising that she wasn't going to look up from her table any time soon, I turned back around and thanked the teacher when she handed me the paper that I would be completing to the best of my ability.

"Does anyone need anything before the exam starts? Pencils? pens? water?"

No response.

The timer began and I looked at the first question and felt happy that it was something that I was fairly confident with. I continuously looked up at the clock and ensured that I had enough time to answer every question and helped me to make sure that I was not rushing for no reason.

*

The bell sounded signalling the end of that period. The sound of chatter erupted within the classroom as everyone gathered their belongings and headed towards the door to escape this environment.

"Hey Ash" I turned around and saw Michael.

"Hey Mike.."

"Has Danielle spoken to you recently?"

I shrugged my shoulders and smirked to myself and headed to my locker with the sound of his footsteps following close behind. I could tell that he was intrigued and wanted to find out more judging by how close he was.

"Do you think she likes you?" I shrugged and shoved my bag into my locker and closed it.

I spotted Danielle dragging her feet along the floor as she gulped a large quantity of her coffee and headed towards the canteen. The sound of her ugg boots dragging along the floor filled the empty corridor. I watched as her wrist reached up to her face and I assumed that she was rubbing her eyes which indicated that she was exhausted.

"Is she okay?" I asked Michael.

"I don't know. I heard she had an argument with Calum after getting back together with him for the 50th time this year. Apparently he cheated on her"

My jaw dropped as I heard the last couple of words that came from his mouth. I dragged Michael's wrist and pulled him towards the canteen and instructed him to meet me in a specific spot after I had finished speaking to Danielle.

We scanned the room for the brunette and Michael pointed to her as she was walking through the doors at the opposite end of the canteen, presumably to go and smoke to forget the pain and stress.

I rushed after her and admired her from a few metres away as she held a lit cigarette to her lips and inhaled the toxic chemicals.

"Danielle!" I shouted and pretended to be surprised that she was here.. even though this is her spot and she should be surprised to see me.. and not the other way around..

"H-How do you think the exam went?" I asked

She turned to me with bloodshot eyes and her mouth twitched into a forced smile.

"fine"