18

Danielle's POV

The classroom quickly cleared which left me and Ashton sitting at our desks. I got called to the front so I grabbed my bags and put them on the closest desk to the front.

"I want to discuss your score" She smiled.

I nodded and perched onto the table infront of Ashton and listened to her congratulating me on my score which was a positive achievement for someone like me. Ashton ofcourse got his usual 97 which made me envious but a 72 was acceptable to me.

"Ashton, I want to thank you for supporting Danielle. You have really changed her outlook and helped her to understand that her education is important. You've done miraculous work to help this student to improve her abilities in her weaker areas of study. You are an outstanding student. You may leave the class now, thank you for being so patient." Ashton grabbed his bags and thanked the teacher before shoving past me and storming out of the classroom.

She smiled at me and asked me what I thought of Ashton's tutoring methods.

"He was great, super supportive and made sure that I did not lose my confidence" I replied with a forced smile.

She held my test up and almost squealed with excitement, it felt so nice to have someone being so happy that I had finally achieved something. She never gave up with me like everyone else did which was such a positive reminder that I am important and that I'm more intelligent than I think.

"I'm so, so proud of you! I could cry right now" She stood up and hugged me which made me smile. The small gesture had such a massive impact on my mood.

"I know you lack confidence sometimes but you are a lot more capable of things than you credit yourself for. You know what you're doing, you just need some extra support to help you to apply techniques correctly and achieve the right answers. I'm so proud of this academic achievement for you, you have moved up two grading criterias, that is an amazing change. I'm so proud of you, well done. If you ever feel like you're lacking confidence, just remember that I believe in you and I know that you can do anything that you set your mind to."

I felt my eyes welling up at this point, nobody has ever been so passionate about my success and abilities before and it is shocking to hear that someone finally believes in me and that they are proud of me.

"Y-You believe in me?" I choked out and wiped my tears frantically.

She nodded and embraced me once more whilst congratulating me quietly.

"I've always believed in you, you just need to believe in yourself a little more"

I smiled and thanked the teacher before collecting my things and walking out of the classroom and bumping right into Ashton.