16

Ashton's POV

"fine? I thought you were prepared for that exam? You did so well when I was with you" I sat down on the wall infront of her and looked at her.

"I tried Ashton. I tried. I've been up all night stressing about this stupid exam! I've been dealing with Calum's shit all night too. I've been trying to revise and practise the techniques you showed me but I just couldn't do it. I'm a failure"

I heard the weakness in her voice, I watched her brown eyes begin to glisten as tears formed in them. I watched the wall she had built between her and the world slowly start to crumble. I was witnessing the "bad" girl reveal her feelings and that she hurts like everyone else. Before I knew it, I had wrapped my arms around her and allowed her to cry into my chest as all of the pain overwhelmed her.

"I'm here" I whispered and kissed the top of her head.

"You should go. You have class" she rasped and pushed me away from her.

I shook my head and refused to leave her whilst she was in this state, my heart panged when I saw her cry. I hate knowing that she's in pain and there's almost nothing that I can do to take that pain away.

"Take me somewhere and talk to me about everything that's bothering you. You can trust me" I smiled and reached my hand out for her to take.

She glanced over her shoulder and her eyes went wide as she saw Calum and his friend approaching. Danielle continued to stare in their direction until they had reached us and began to spit remarks at me and trying to make me feel bad about myself for being intelligent and not wanting to waste my life and the opportunities that I have.

"Is he bothering you babe?" Calum spoke and gave me a death glare.

"Babe? How ca-" Danielle cut me off by slamming her hand over my mouth and shoving me backwards which caused me to lose my balance slightly.

Calum whispered something into Danielle's ear and I watched as her eyes shifted to look me up and down and she snorted and began to laugh slightly.

My mind was struggling to process the sudden change in attitude that had come from this girl in the last few minutes. Danielle stepped close to me and beckoned me to bend down so that she could whisper into my ear.

"Get out of here" She whispered.

"what?" I asked and stepped back.

"GO! NOW!" She yelled and gave me a look of pure disgust whilst taking a drag of her cigarette and getting close to me before blowing the smoke into my face causing me to cough.

I heard her laughter and I gave her one last look and shook my head as I stormed off. I thought she had changed, I thought she was actually a nice, reasonable person.

Boy was I wrong...