11

Ashton's POV

"This damn computer" Mr Deakin groaned and slammed his fist against the wooden table in frustration. Just as he was about to call the school technicians my phone vibrated in my pocket. I subtly pulled my phone out and unlocked it.

From Unknown: Ashton?  Can you distract Mr Deakin for me? I'm gonna sneak into class and he likes you so please, help a friend out.

I raised my hand and Mr Deakin approached me with a large smile on his face. I pointed to a random question in the textbook and pretended that I had no idea how to answer it so that he would explain it to me.

The sound of the door closing was involuntarily loud but as soon as he was about to turn around, I asked another question and quickly distracted him until he forgot to check.

"I'm glad I could help my favourite student" He patted my shoulder before walking away with a creepy smile plastered on his face. I shuddered and my face contorted with disgust.

My head turned to the right and I spotted Danielle who had successfully made her way into the classroom without being caught. She smiled at me and mouthed a thank you. I nodded and turned back around so that I was facing forwards.

I was getting lost in my thoughts and before I knew it class was coming to an end and the rest of the students began to pack their bags up. I copied their actions and put my backpack onto my shoulder and leant against my desk.

"Danielle, Ashton could you stay back for a few minutes please? I need to chat with you both in private" I rolled my eyes and walked towards his desk so that I wouldn't get caught up in the rush of people leaving the classroom.