Chapter 9: The New Guy

I wake up in my room. I have my fuzzy pink pajamas. Was last night a dream?

I look around for evidence but nothing. I look at the time its 7 am.

Is it Sunday or Monday?

Then Dave busts in my room wearing his white and red baseball uniform. "Come on! You need to be ready by 8:30" he says.

Shit! "Okay let me shower," I say.

He rolls his eyes, "you are still going to get sweaty! What's the point?"

"Shut up and go downstairs. I won't take long."

He leaves and I use my vampire speed to get ready. I only take 15 minutes. I go downstairs and take a cup of juice with a waffle.

"Okay I am ready, we can go know," I tell Dave.

"Finally!"

Dad drives us to the baseball stadium (the little league one). Dave runs out of there like Speedy Gonzalez.

"Hey kid before you leave," dad says.

"Yeah?"

"Will brought you home asleep very late last night. Can you tell me what happened?" he asks.

Darn! What do I tell him?

"Umm, well, he took out blood," I say.

"Alright, he wasnt lying. You can leave. Will has always been the 'cool guy'. I thought maybe he taken you out with your friends to drink or something."

"Umm okay dad. Well he didn't and he isn't that cool."

Dad chuckles, "okay. We'll see you at home. By the way Brad is going to take Dave and you home."

"Brad?"

"Dave's coach."

I nod and get out of the car. I fix my black button down shirt and jeans. I see Dave and his team mates laughing and greeting each other.

"is this you sister?" an asian kid asks.

"She is pretty," a chubby kid comments.

"Shut up, and yes she is. Guys met Helen. Helen met the guys," Dave says.

I wave hi and smile.

"So where's your dad?" a blue eye kid asks a tan tall kid.

"He is coming," I hear an accent in his voice. I turn and see a tall, slim yet muscled guy, with long tan arms and nice black hair. I suddenly breathe and take a very strong smell. He comes next to me and says morning to everyone.

"Dave's sister is here," the tall tan kid says.

We meet eyes. His are a chocolate brown and somewhat big. He smiles, "Hi, my name Brad Reyes. Nice to met you." I shake his hand and feel electricity.

"Hi," I smile, "I'm Helen. Dave's big sister."

"Nice to finally met you Helen," Brad smiles. He takes his hand back and turns to the kids.

"Alright guys, begin to stretch. I'll be with you guys in a sec. I gotta show our new assistant the rules."

"Oh dad, remember we gotta go to get pizza after," Brad's son says.

"Alright, thanks, Lozanno for the reminder, now go stretch."

Lozanno and everyone else run to the midfield and begin to stretch. I look at Brad. He smiles, "First rule: you need to show pride towards the team." He drops the bag he had on his shoulder. He unzips the bag and has a baseball jersey. "Put this one along with these shoes. They are better on grass."