Chapter 19: Brad

It's Friday so I decide to skip school and visit Carter at his house. I park in the driveway and knock on the door.

The door opens and Carter smiles, "Hey, come in."

"sorry for not calling I just wanted to see you," I say as I walk in.

He takes my hand and we go to his room. "So missy, how are you going to excuse yourself from being absent today?"

I drop the bed, "I have no idea."

He gets on top of me gently and kisses me. "well I'm glad you here."

He rolls to the side and lets me snuggle with him. "How are you?""

"good now," he chuckles.

He smells so yummy. I only have killed a random bird and that's all the blood I had these past days, but I am learning how to control my thirst.

"Helen," he whispers.

"Yeah?"

"I am glad I had the guts to kiss you that other night,"

I get on my arm and look up at him.

"I have the most awesome girlfriend ever," he smiles.

How can I not love this guy? But I feel so empty without Will. I can feel happiness but then it completely disappears. I feel warmth on my cheek. I sit, "Carter, what if I wasn't me?"

He sits right, "What do you mean?"

"Just like not normal," I say.

"I won't leave you if that's what you are thinking. I may be freaking out but at the end of it, I would like to work it out," he answers.

I can't tell him at least not yet. I need to see Will and talk to him. I need to clear things out.

"You hungry?" Carter asks.

"Nope,"

"Well how about we go to the movies? I heard there was a good Bradley Cooper movie," Carter suggests.

"Sure," I smile. We get up and walk to his car. I suddenly get a cold vibe in my neck. I turn and see a black shadow just feet away. It suddenly grows red eyes and it's just staring at me.

"Helen?" Carter gets in front of the shadow. "Is everything okay?"

I shake my head and take away the image out of my head. "Y-yes, I just thought I saw something. Let's go."

...

The movie was great. We are walking hand in hand in the mall. It feels nice and I see lots of girls envy of me.

"How about some ice cream? Chocolate chip?" Carter asks.

"Yeah, you know my favorite ice cream?"

We arrive to a small stand of ice cream. "Yeah, you see, I have been observing from the distance."

I chuckle, "Heh, stalker mode?"

He blushes, "Well no but I see what you like and learn as well with the weird small talk we always have."

I give my attention to the girl at the stand. "An ice cream cone with two scoops of chocolate chip and-" I turn to Carter. "Oh and a small cup of strawberry yogurt with nuts."

"Okay," the girl says.

"It's unfair that you don't know my favorite treat," he says.

I roll my eyes, "Your favorite food is sushi and you hate the green cereal on the apple jacks cereal because you think they are spoiled."