Part 1

There is a city surrounded by high mountains. So very bright, so very beautiful. This city is known throughout many tales, but what locals call a myth, others call it a legend.

There was rumor that an immortal temple was hidden somewhere in these mountains. Many brave men and women spent their days digging and searching for this hidden temple, but all they found was rock and stone. Shortly after their hope had died, a man had found a clue to where the location of the temple may be. This sparked thousands to keep going, but many had left before the big news.

An organization called the L.O.G.I. came into creation, searching for this hidden temple, and many other deep secrets. Hundreds, even thousands of people joined to look. And as the years go on, the organization still remains today.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Early one morning, three members of the L.O.G.I. began their investigations on a nearby tunnel. Two younger boys, as well as a spunky teen girl gathered at the mouth of the tunnel. "Sir, you're going to have to check this out." The older of the three would take a step into the dim tunnel, expecting the other two to follow. They would reluctantly follow, a little confused as to why the teen asked them to come.

She would nod over to a couple other men, the two turning on the lights in the tunnel. As each bulb flickered on, the tunnel lighting up brighter and brighter. From the lights, flecked gems that lined the walls seem to shine and reflect bright colors. The older of the two brothers stood in awe, pulling out a clipboard. He would walk up to one of the gems, tapping it with the end of his clipboard. "What are they?"

The teen would approach from behind, looking at the gem he tapped. She would then look down at the boy, "No idea. From what we recently gathered, they seem to be genetically modified to look like this. It must have taken a long time to do so though." The older one would nod, continuing to scribble things down. He would look over at his brother, slightly nodding.

"We feel it necessary to make this an official site. We will inform cartographer immediately." The two boys would begin to walk out, the teen following. Loud growling would echo from the tunnel, all three seeming to look back at once. At first, nothing but the growling could be heard. Then, rushing up through the tunnel, bright yellow eyes from the distance would begin to approach the three. At first, it seemed about two or three of these creatures, but as they rushed and stampeded forward, the pack seemed to be more than 20.

Everyone would try and run away, the three dashing over to the medical camp nearby. At the last second, the older of the three would get snagged by the creatures, the horde stopping there. From the two boys' point of view, the creatures were large in size. They would take up the shape of vicious wolves, their teeth sharp as knives. Their matted and snarled black and brown fur made the wolf-like creatures more terrible in person.

The younger of the two boys would yell at the creatures to let the teen go, but a few of them would growl back. The young teen you yell in pain and fear, the sharp teeth of the creatures digging into her shoulders and legs. She would yell more as the wolves dragged her off, the two boys standing there in shock. After a few minutes, more yelling would proceed to come from down the tunnel, the wolves seeming to run faster than they were running up to the mouth of the tunnel.

Both boys would look at one another, a worried expression on their faces. The eldest would place a hand on he younger one's shoulder, "I will go an inform the cartographer. You can manage without me, can't you?" The youngest would reluctantly nod, looking up at the other. The eldest would leave the area, passing by the medic tents, as well as the many other tents used as homes for those who worked in the mountains.

Surprisingly enough, the kidnapping of the teen in the mountains wouldn't reach the main building for a while, and a trip to the office of the vice president of the L.O.G.I. would take a while to reach. A plaque bolted to the door read the name of Elizabeth Shadowgear. And past the oak door, muffled snoring echoed throughout the office. Scattered mugs lay about the office, as well as stray files and papers. Sleeping on top of the desk, the real proof of overtime showed clearly. Elizabeth lay sleeping in a small pool of her own drool. Underneath this pool of drool rested an unfortunate unfinished report of the previous weeks work. The ink and the saliva mixing to create one big smudged piece of paper, some of the ink soaking up on the vice presidents face.