Part 6

When everyone did wake at some point, the fire was low, but still burning. Sayeko had grabbed some pieces of wood, looking for a spot on his shirt to rip off some fabric. Elizabeth would rip off half of her shorts and a bit of her shirt, giving the pieces of fabric to Sayeko. He would get a little flustered, "Ah, these won't be necessary, Miss Shadowgear! I'm sure we can find something else!" Kyoski would calm his brother down, Sayeko mumbling an embarrassed thank you.

Sayeko and Kyoski wrapped the pieces of fabric around the wood and made their own make-shift torches. Elizabeth carried one and Kyoski held the other. Sayeko and Kyoski worked on the puzzle, Elizabeth and Garrett looking around a bit. Elizabeth found many amazing untouched artifacts, Garrett a little bored by the whole thing. After a while, Sayeko and Kyoski solved the puzzle and opened a door that lead everyone down a very long hallway.

Once again, Garrett released a trap, this time upon himself. Since he wanted to leave the place so badly, he was ahead a bit. The floor would collapse around him, secluding him on a small patch of rock. Garrett swore until he felt better, the three behind him sitting there to think of a plan to get across.

"Elizabeth, babe, you won't let me die here, right?" Elizabeth would gain an annoyed expression, sad that he was talking to her like that again. "I can't promise anything, Garrett." He looked a little hurt, "Well, if I do die here, I'd like to make a few confessions." Everyone else would groan softly, Garrett looking at Elizabeth with heart-filled eyes. "I love you, Elizabeth. I really do. Ever since I joined, I've had my eyes set on you. I had to turn down a few pretty girls along the way, but it was worth it. Sitting over there with those kids made me realize something, you'd make a great mother to our kids."

Elizabeth was horrified and pissed at the same time, yelling at Garrett so that even those above them could hear. "Listen here, Garrett. I am not your babe. Secondly, I will never date you in a million years, nor will I have children with you. I've always wondered what corner of the Earth this scum ball came from, and now I know." She plopped herself a great distance away from him, Kyoski and Sayeko seating themselves near her as well.

Garrett's once heart-filled eyes were filled with tears, the man sitting himself down too. As he cried, Elizabeth noticed that her glasses were still broken and was getting a little worried about how worse they would get while down there. Then Kyoski got an idea. He was a scientist, so he wondered why the idea just came to him. There was sand and there was also fire. If you melt sand hot enough, you could make glass, which is what Elizabeth needed.

Kyoski stood up, pulling out a pocket watch. Sayeko knew what his brother was doing, watching him with a smile. Elizabeth watch with curiosity. wondering why he pulled out a pocket watch. Without even looking at it, he pulled the bigger dial of the two on the watch. He would wink at the two, seeming to somewhat freeze in his location. The piles of sand around them would begin to form a lens for Elizabeth's glasses to replace the broken one.

In just a matter of seconds, Kyoski would unfreeze from his spot. He would have the lens in hand, the piece wrapped around a cloth. He would have a smile on his face, extending his hand towards Elizabeth so he could put the lens in. She trusted him a bit, taking off her glasses and giving them to him. Kyoski then quickly popped out the old one, the glass turning to sand as it fell to the floor. He then put the new one in, cleaning both lenses with the cloth.

With the same smile on his face, Kyoski gave Elizabeth her glasses. When she put them on, everything was so clear. She then moved them away from her eyes a bit, the fresh lens still a little warm from when it was made. Garrett began sobbing again, making everyone remember that the blubbering idiot was still there. Because of the glasses thing, Kyoski got another idea. He would pull out the pocket watch again, this time being frozen in the same position for a very long time.

More sand moved around, most of it going towards the ledge. When Kyoski came back, the sand had transformed into a red-hot glass platform that stretched from one side, past Garrett, and to the other side. Garrett wanted to go across right away, but Kyoski yelled at him. "Don't you know not to touch things when their red and hot?! You'll burn yourself and destroy this platform! Just wait until it cools and solidifies." Garrett did as he was told, still whimpering a bit.

It took a while to wait, but the platform was cooled and ready to walk across on. Garrett was allowed to go first, since he was the closest to the other side. He dashed across the platform, almost seeming as if he was going to break the glass. Sayeko was allowed across next, taking it careful as he went across. Elizabeth went next after him, safely making it across as well. Kyoski then noticed that if he went too fast, he may brake it. So taking it easy and slow, he too eventually made it across as well to the others.

After the four had successfully made it across, they continued down the tunnel. They soon reached an opening in the mountain side. A few nearby excavators called the medics from down below, as well as another team to bring them to the base at the mountains. Elizabeth would notify the head in command of the mountains that they may need to take more trips down there.

Sayeko helped his brother, as well as Elizabeth. Garrett was treated separately, seeming to fawn over a nurse that was treating him. Everyone parted ways for a while, Elizabeth heading back up to her office where she did some well deserved paperwork.