14 - Welcome Master Ichimatsu-san

Thank you all for being patient, but here's the chapter you've been waiting for! 

Also, OMG! This book has exceeded 4k reads and reached 353 votes! 

Guys, that is just phenomenal! It may be quite small compared to other, more popular books but thank you so so much lovelies! It really means a lot to me! 

Anyway, I'll let you read the real chapter now, that is unless you skipped this mini notice in order to read the chapter right away, which I can understand, so it's all cool ^7^ 

___________________________

You woke up early the next morning. The previous night, you had contemplated upon the scenarios that could possibly happen the next day with concerns of Adam. In your head, it was definite that Adam would be there to work with you, as you had caught a glimpse of the working schedule in the kitchen several times; you and Adam had matching work hours. Today, you would be handling two shifts, the first early in the morning, up until one fifteen in the afternoon, where you'll go out for three hours to capture some more pictures for your parents' magazine, before returning to the café. It may be quite exhausting to dwell upon but, then again, you had been able to have some days off and so you were ready to work and give it your all towards both jobs, as well as the rentals thing that your friends had gotten you into. Adam had been put done with an almost identical shift. He would be working during early morning, leave at two in the afternoon for also three hours and come back to finish at eight in the evening; the two of you would be closing the shop together with the others that were also taking the late shift. 

Today, you decided to go bare faced, no touch of make up at all because that could've been what Adam had been meaning to stay the previous day. 

'You didn't have to change' 

His words haunted your consciousness like a never ending echo, as if your mind was trying to fill in the  blank space that he left on his following statement: 'You were....'

'You were' what?

There are many words that could fill that gap, how could even begin to interpret what he was getting to? 

Heaving a sigh, you picked up your purse and made your way out. You were only wearing a casual attire: brown leather booties with short, block heels, black skinny jeans, a (f/c) tank top with a long-sleeved, white, button-up blouse to go over it. You had left the blouse unbuttoned and tied the ends together just below your underbelly, where your tank overlapped your jeans. 

Again, you followed your regular schedule to the café and before you knew it, you were struggling to decide whether you should go in or not, afraid of encountering Adam right away. The polished wooden door that you faced was intimidating you, the glare from its golden door knob made you want to shrink back and run away. You imagined Adam giving you that same icy glare, one that you weren't familiar with. He had glared at you many a times but he hadn't been that intense about it before, usually it was playful and indifferent but the one he sent you yesterday was a glare that you can't shrug off, unlike his pervious ones. 

So engrossed in your worries, consumed by intimidation and preoccupied by conflicting emotions, you didn't realise how long you had been standing there, looking like a complete weirdo (staring at the door of a closed neko-maid café),  you were unable to comprehend the shadow that came up behind you and obscure your own. It wasn't until a cough met your unsuspecting ears to attract your attention did you realise your circumstance. With a gasp, you turned around to come face to face with Adam. The situation was very familiar to the one the two of you were in upon your last encounter; his face was close, really close, and his warm, minty breath was fanning your face.