27 - New Job Search

Hello Dolls! 

I'm so sorry it's been such a long interval from the previous chapter. I've been so sick lately and to make it worse, it was during my Easter holiday. 

I swear that I get colds at such inconvenient times. 

Anywho, I hope you like this new chapter!

Happy reading! 

x   x   x   x   x   x

"You've been pretty outgoing lately (Y/N), has something happened?" Willow chirps with hidden intent on getting a juicy story out of you. It was no lie that you had been much more confident in your strides anywhere a short time ago, and the nauseous feeling that you were accustomed to have consume you whenever around others you weren't familiar with seems to have vanished, quite completely. It was rather a good change in your on-look of the world around you as well as the rest of the worlds views on yourself. 

"Oh, nothing really." you hum, wiping down a table before looking up to wave off a departing customer. You had served the young man several times and found him to be a pleasant person to service; he didn't order you to do uncomfortable things unlike other individuals. 

"Are you sure?~" she presses with a tune in her tone. 

"I'm positive." you chuckle nervously, utterly confused at what she was proposing with her words and intonation. 

"Oh leave her alone Willow," Ava swooped by - always being the person to rescue you from such uncomfortable situations, "it seems to me like you're very, very distracted, and you're more than willing to do the same to your fellow colleagues. Don't tell me I have to tell Darcy that she'll have to lower your 'privileges'." there was an evident smirk playing on Ava's lips as she threatened the jumpy female. You could only giggle as Willow apologised and hurried off, scared that she won't be able to eat the surplus amount of Darcy's baked goodies at the end of every late shift she took, which is very often as she was determined to devour every crumb of Darcy's 'out-of-this-world' patisserie. You couldn't blame her - Darcy made the best cakes and pastries. 

"Thanks for that Ava." you breathed in relief.

"Don't mention it but she's right. You seem a lot more comfortable in your own skin when confronting others, especially boys since you always used to be so awkward around them. It's good to see you so self-assured." she reached out to ruffle your hair in a loving manner, "Looks like that rental girlfriend method worked. Since you're quite happy now, why don't you quit and find a more suitable job? I'm sure it's rather exhausting having to deal with so many boys." she took a second to wink at you before quickly reaching out to purchase the rag in your hand and proceeding to wipe down the empty tables you were initially feeling responsible to clean. This gave you a moment to process what her suggestion entailed. 

Would that be a good thing? 

"Look (Y/N)." Phoebe whispered as she stepped up to your right side; her twin on your left. They directed your attention to the glass entrance of the cafe, where a tall but slumped figure of a male dressed in purple was reaching out to open the door. 

"It's your number one regular." Penelope continued and paused before they both pushed you to greet the customer that had taken the most interest in you. 

With the tinkling of the cafe's bell ringing in your ear, you bowed respectfully before raising yourself upright in greeting, "Welcome back Master Ichimatsu!" The male smiled unobtrusively as he gave a quick bow back in respect and salutations.