Chapter Two

Why?

"Save it! I can't believe that's how you feel about me! I thought you felt something else towards me! I'm such an idiot! I hate you Inuyasha! You hear that?! I HATE YOU!" Kagome yelled as tears fell freely down her cheeks.

     She turned and ran for a while until she finally stopped. While she was bawling her eyes out she heard a familiar voice.

"Rin needs your assistance, she has fallen ill."

"Se...Se...Sesshomaru?" Kagome asked, dumbfounded as Sesshomaru revealed himself.

     "Are you going to help me or not?" Sesshomaru asked as Kagome still sat dumbfounded.

     "Y... Yes, I will, lead the way." Kagome replied while stuttering, she fidgeted with her fingers as Sesshomaru began walking away. She followed.

They arrived at the cave half an hour later. Kagome quickly began making a remedy for the girl while Sesshomaru decided he would interrogate her, curiosity getting the better of him.

     "Miko, why were you crying when I saw you? Do not even think about lying because then this Sesshomaru will punish you for it." Sesshomaru demanded. Seeing as he demanded an answer she answered him.

     "Inuyasha and Kikyo," she spat out bitterly.

     "I found them together and decided to hide myself, I heard Inuyasha say horrible things about me. I showed myself, spoke my mind, and ran, that's when you asked me to help you with Rin. I hate Inuyasha, I've decided that he's nobody to me, just an acquaintance. He...He betrayed me for that...that dead priestess Kikyo!"

     "Inuyasha has no respect for anybody, he's selfish, if father were here he would be disappointed in Inuyasha." Sesshomaru replied while he looked at the cave wall. Kagome glanced at him and then nodded, agreeing with his statement.

"Rin take this, it should help your cold." Kagome told the girl as she changed her attention. As Rin drank her remedy, Kagome prepared to leave.

     "I better go now, I've been gone long enough." Kagome told both as she stood.

     "Rin thanks Kagome for helping!" Rin beamed while standing up to hug Kagome's leg, who in return patted her head lightly.

     "Miko, you have this one's gratitude." Sesshomaru told her while getting ready to wait the night out. Kagome nodded and left. Two gazes followed her and one finally spoke.

     "I have a feeling this is going to turn for the worst." Jaken whispered to Ah-Un while watching her go. Ah-Un knocked Jaken over and lazily gazed at the girl, a fond gaze looking over her.