Chapter Twenty-Three

Reunion

     The next day, Kagome awoke cuddled into Sesshomaru with her neck hurting. "The pain had to happen again didn't it? It's fine though, I'm Sesshomaru's again." She thought with a frown and then smile as she touched the mark again.

    "Morning, mate." Sesshomaru purred before yawning. Kagome was fascinated by his teeth and tongue, she itched to taste them again so she did. She sat on Sesshomaru and kissed him while he was still yawning.

     "Your fangs are so pointy." She pointed out when they stopped, she slightly smiled at his response.

     "I am a dog demon, that is how my race has been since its creation." He told her as he caressed her cheek.

~Timeskip to noon~

     "I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready!" Kagome kept repeating as she put her backpack on.

     "I recognize that you are ready, mate, but don't you want to see our pups? They are already as high as your knee and have an idea of how you look like." Sesshomaru asked Kagome as he entered the room.

     "I have wanted to see them for a while. Ok, let's go!" Kagome answered enthusiastically as she put her bag down and ran to the nursery with the help of Akiko. "This is it, you are Kazumi and Takeshi's mom! You can do this! What will they think of their mother? Will they think I'm a role model?" Kagome asked herself as she tried to calm her nerves. Sesshomaru put a hand on her shoulder.

     "They have wanted to meet you, my love." Sesshomaru told her as he slowly entered the room with her.

     "Are you our mother?" Kazumi and Takeshi asked her as they stood in front of the door with their chins held high and curiosity in their eyes, so much innocence shined through.

     "Yes." Kagome answered tenderly as she crouched to be to their height. She was immediately tackled to the floor in a group hug, Sesshomaru excluded.

     "Mother! We wanted to see you! We missed your presence!" They yelled as they tightened their hug, laughter ringing through the room.

     "Can't. Breathe. Dog. Demons. Too. Strong." She thought as she looked to Sesshomaru for help.

     "That is enough, give your mother some oxygen." Sesshomaru ordered after seeing Kagome's expression.

     "Yes father." They replied in sync as they got off their mother and stood straight. Sesshomaru helped Kagome up as she looked at them in awe.

     She looked at Sesshomaru with gratitude as she dusted herself off. "I don't want to leave them, but, I have to. After we defeat Naraku I can be here full time." She thought, a bit sad as she looked back at them. "Mother and Father have to leave for a while, but we will be back soon, I promise." She told them sadly as she leaned down and hugged them, she gave them a kiss on the forehead before leaving her home with Sesshomaru. "Home." She thought with a small smile.

~Time-skip to when they arrive at the village~

     "We're back!" Kagome yelled happily as she and Sesshomaru entered the hut where everyone was currently situated.

     "Kagome!" Everyone exclaimed as they jumped to their feet and ran to her.

     "What's all this about?" She asked, suspicious of their actions.

     "We wanted to say we're sorry." Koga told her as he grasped her hands, Sesshomaru lightly growled.  "We're sorry because you lost your life due to our recklessness." He finished as he patted her head lightly.

    "WHAT? I DIED! I THOUGHT YOU GUYS CURED ME SOMEHOW! WHY WAS I NOT TOLD EARLIER! HOW DID I BECOME ALIVE AGAIN?!" Kagome yelled angrily, her face flushing. Koga, Ginta, Hakkaku, Inuyasha, Kirara, and Shippo lay on the ground twitching.  Only Sesshomaru stood looking perfectly fine.

     "You were revived by Tensiega." Sango told her as she uncovered her ears. She stood in front of Kagome and hugged her. "I'm sorry you died." Sango told her as she tightened her grip.

    "Before I died I saw Kikyo, what happened to her?" Kagome asked Sango after they finished hugging.

     "She died." Inuyasha told her in Sango's stead as he stood cautiously.

     "He's sad, that's to be expected. He has seen her die twice. The poor guy!" She thought as she immediately ran to Inuyasha and hugged him.  "I'm so sorry." She told him as she tightened her grip. Even though Inuyasha knew Kagome was taken he couldn't stop the thoughts that came to him, he blushed and tried to slip out.

     "It... It's ok, but... could you... stop... hugging me?" Inuyasha asked while stuttering and witnessing Sesshomaru's expression.

     "Oh, sorry." Kagome said in her cheery voice.

     "Oh no-"

     "SIT! I'm trying to console you! SIT! You ungrateful dog! SIT! Appreciate my hug will you! SIT!" Kagome shouted furiously as she pointed to the ground.

    "I have never seen you this angry, mate." Sesshomaru stated as he looked at Inuyasha, who tried peeling himself off the floor.

     "I've gotten angrier than this..." Kagome thought aloud as she looked upwards.

     "Better not get her mad, Sesshomaru." Miroku warned him.

     "I will give her only happiness." Sesshomaru answered as he kept staring at Inuyasha, who was still trying to peel himself out of the floor.