Chapter Nine

The Plan

     It was nighttime when Kagome headed back. She decided it was time for bed when she arrived at the hut. Tomorrow, "the plan" would be realized. Mission: make Inuyasha jealous would have commenced. 

~Timeskip To Morning~

     As Kagome woke up, she ignored everybody else and got up and left. She then walked around the village, occasionally bringing her hand to her lips. She made everyone think she was deep in thought.

     "Kagome. Kagome. Kagome! KAGOME!" Inuyasha angrily yelled into her ear, his ears twitching.

     "Huh? What do you want?" Kagome asked him, trying her best to not sound fake.

     "I wanna know what's got ya so deep in thought." Inuyasha replied, his eyes looking into hers with suspicion.

     "I...I...We... It's none of your business, Inuyasha." Kagome bitterly answered as she started walking towards the well. Inuyasha silently followed, believing she didn't know he was.

     "Sesshomaru... We were supposed to meet at dusk... its morning." Kagome spoke, the way Sesshomaru's name rolled off her tongue made Inuyasha furious, she said it with such care, such... affection.

    "I couldn't wait, I had to see you earlier than dusk." Sesshomaru said nuzzling her neck, he kissed it before slipping his arm around her waist and pulling her closer to his chest. Inuyasha spotted his armor not far away.

     "What's happening? Are they together? I gotta stop this! I guess this is what it feels like when Kagome catches Kikyo and me together. He's my nemesis half-brother, though! I can't and won't allow their relationship to continue!" Inuyasha thought, infuriated as Sesshomaru slowly started to lean down.

     "He's about to kiss her!" Inuyasha thought aloud, his angriness clouding his mind and not letting him realize he said that aloud.

     "Huh? Is it just me, or did I hear someone?" Kagome asked curiously as she stopped the embrace and looked around, a well acted puzzled expression taking place.

     "Don't worry, love, its just the wind." Sesshomaru answered as he pulled her into an embrace again, his breath tickling her ear as she held on for dear life.

     "I suppose you're right." Kagome mumbled. She tip-toed and started putting her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. Inuyasha ran as fast as he could and grabbed Kagome's waist, running into the forest to the Goshinboku. He put her down when they arrived.

     "What the hell do you think you're doing?! You were about to kiss my half-brother!" Inuyasha exclaimed as he pointed in Sesshomaru's direction.

     "I can do whatever I want, Inuyasha! You have Kikyo so stop worrying about me! I have Sesshomaru with me now!" Kagome yelled back, her eyes glazing over with fury.

     "You...him... You're together as in dating?" Inuyasha asked, ears drooping.

     "Yes, we're dating, so bring me back to him!" Kagome angrily answered, her brows furrowed in irritation.

     "No! Your relationship is a mistake! Sesshomaru cares for nobody but himself!" Inuyasha yelled as he stomped his foot and looked at Kagome.

     "That's not true! He shows me love! He shows me compassion! He shows me true affection! Unlike you and that clay pot!" Kagome yelled back as she pointed in Sesshomaru's direction.

     "I'm sorry, Kagome. I now know how you felt when you saw Kikyo and me together, I now know how jealousy feels." Inuyasha said walking back to Kaede's, sadness and despair lacing his tone.

     "I feel bad, but I gotta tell Sesshomaru about this!" Kagome thought as she ran towards the well, where Sesshomaru was currently putting on his armor.

     "What was my dear brother's response?" Sesshomaru asked as he finished putting his armor on. 

     "He felt jealousy! I'm so exhausted, Sesshomaru, let's go back to Kaede's village." Kagome answered as she grabbed his hand and began walking away with him.

     "It's night already." Sesshomaru broke the silence as they walked through the forest. There were fireflies so he stopped and Kagome turned to look at him, who in return looked at him curiously.

     "What's wrong Sesshomaru?" Kagome asked as she saw the fireflies too. "Don't tell me dogs are scared of fireflies."

     "Fireflies are a symbol of love. Kagome, I need to tell you that what we were pretending against Inuyasha, I want it to become real. When we were at our former cave I couldn't stop thinking about you when you kept coming over and showing concern. I started falling for you the minute you left." Sesshomaru confessed as fireflies danced around them, Kagome looked up at him and smiled when he grabbed her chin, making her look into his eyes.

     "I started falling for you that same day."

     "Then let us be together

     "Then let us be together."

     "Oh, those eyes! I could look into them forever." She thought as warm fuzziness clouded her mind. "I accept, Sesshomaru. I want to be with you and only you! I realized this when Inuyasha and I talked. I wasn't lying about you showing me love, compassion, and affection. You showed me your true self. That is enough to make me accept." Kagome confessed as she looked into his eyes while he leaned down to kiss her, it was gentle and sweet. "Who knew my first kiss would be with Sesshomaru? I never thought we ever would kiss when I first met him." Kagome thought as she wrapped her arms around him, letting the night go by without a second thought.