Chapter Twenty-Five

Her Old Home

~Kagome's Modern Day Family~

     "Where is my daughter?! Is she ok? Is she even alive?" Kagome's mother thought desperately as she stood in the doorway to her home. "My Kagome... could be gone... I haven't seen her for almost a year... She just turned 19 too..."

     "Still thinking about Kagome?" Souta asked as he saw his mom looking at the sacred tree.

     "Yes. I am afraid that she will stay in the feudal era." Souta's mother replied. "But if that makes Kagome happy, then she can stay there." The mother of two added as she wiped her eyes full of sadness. She smiled once more. "I won't be sad anymore, if she's happy then I'm happy." She added as she continued to sweep the stairs.

     "She'll come back soon, mom." Souta said confidently before he left to his room.

     "Indeed she will, I have a feeling in my gut and my gut never lies!" Souta's grandfather exclaimed as he appeared out of nowhere.

     "I hope you're right, father. I really do." Kagome's mother thought as she walked to the Goshinboku. "Please be safe and come home soon." She prayed and touched its bark as she listened to the wind that seemed to reply with its song of nature.

     "Mother..." A voice that she immediately recognized said. "I've come home."

     "Sweetie, is that really you?" Kagome's mother asked as she approached Kagome.

     "Yes mother, its really me." Kagome tearfully stated before running into open arms. "I'm so sorry mother! I haven't come back for almost a year, I'm sorry to have worried you." Kagome continued as she held onto her mother's arms.

     "As long as you're safe, it's ok." Kagome's mother replied with tears down both cheeks.

     "Let's stop bawling out here and go inside, Souta and your grandfather have missed you so much. Plus, we have to catch up because I'm assuming we both have something important to tell." Kagome's mother said tenderly as she made her daughter wipe her tears and stand straight.

     "Yes, yes we do." Kagome chuckled as she followed her mother into her modern day house. "Souta! Grandfather! I'm home!" Kagome yelled as she was then attacked at her stomach.

     "Ow! Souta, that really hurt!" Kagome lightly giggled while kneeing down and hugging him back.

     "No fair! You were gone for a year and I'm still not a bit taller!" Souta countered jokingly.

     "Ah! You've finally comeback my sweet little Kagome!" Kagome's grandfather said happily while rushing to her side.

     "Yup!" Kagome whispered cheerfully before hugging her grandfather tight.

     "Hey honey, is this Kagome?" A man asked as he came down the stairs.

     "Yes Mitsuo, this is my eldest daughter Kagome." Kagome's mother said while smiling brightly.

     "Who's he?" Kagome asked after letting go of her grandfather.

     "You and your mother need to talk, Kagome. Souta, go up to your room and I'll go take care of our shrine." Kagome's grandfather told them as he left.

     "I'll help you." Mitsuo said before leaving.

     "Mitsuo is my husband and we're expecting." The mother of soon to be three told her eldest while smiling brightly.

     "When did you meet?" Kagome asked, happy for her mother.

     "A bit before the last time you left, we started talking and calling each other before dating. Our wedding happened less than a month ago." Kagome's mother said happily.

     "I've missed much." Kagome told her mother sadly.

     "Well, what's happened over there?" Kagome's mother asked her while rubbing her tummy.

     "A lot!" Kagome giggled. They both heard some yelling outside. "They're here!" Kagome exclaimed with joy as she made her mother follow her outside.

     "Sesshomaru!" She yelled jumping into the mountain of fluff.

     "Mate." Sesshomaru stated indifferently.

     "Dude, there's no reason to be unemotional here, there are no demons here." Kagome said while lightly punching his arm.

     "I am not a dude, I am a lord." Sesshomaru said jokingly.

     "That's true." Kagome chuckled as she looked towards her kids. "Kazumi and Takeshi, come here." Kagome beckoned the two forward as she saw her grandfather come towards them. "This is your grandmother and your great-grandfather."

     "Hello." The twins said bowing to the others. Kagome's grandfather's eyes widened, before he walked away due to Mitsuo asking a question.

     "This is Kazumi and this is Takeshi, they are my children and they're already to my waist." Kagome said cheerfully.

     "And that is?" Kagome's mother asked pointing at Sesshomaru.

     "Sesshomaru is my husband/mate." Kagome said while hugging the unemotional lord, he hugged back.

     "A demon?" Kagome's mother asked again.

     "Yeah I know, crazy right? Mating a demon means I get the same life span as him." Kagome informed while looking at her whole family.

     "I'm so happy for you, dear!" Kagome's mother exclaimed as she walked towards her daughter. Kagome walked forward too and they hugged.

     "Mate, can we please go inside? The air here is not as clear as it is in home." Sesshomaru asked while pinching his nose, Kazumi and Takeshi doing the same.

     "Of course." Kagome said, leading everyone into her house.

     Many hours passed and they all conversed, including Sesshomaru. He started to feel comfortable and began talking to everyone. Soon enough, it was time to go.

     "We'll see you all another time!" Kagome exclaimed as she jumped down the well with her family. Her mother smiled as she knew her daughter was in good hands, or so she hoped.