3: The Donnelly Household

Brennan

I INVITED MONICA OVER TO MY PLACE! I believed that that was the death of me. What would she think if she found out I still share a room with my brother? What will she think when she finds out we have a vlog channel? What will she think of my parents and siblings? Those were the questions that ate me alive. It was too late to take back my invitation to go to my house because we were already there. I walked up the steps and opened the door. The first person I saw, was mom vlogging.

"Hey mom! I have Monica with me! We'll be downstairs." I said to mom. "Oh! Hi sweetie! Hi Monica!" Mom smiled. "Hi Mrs–" I cut Monica off before she could say our last name to the public. I pulled her downstairs and I opened the lights. "Hey! What was that about? I was greeting your mom." She told me. "I know that, Monica. But there's something you need to know." I said as I took out my phone.

I clicked on a vlog and showed it to her. "Hey it's you! And Katie. And Ryan. And Flippin Katie?" She asked. I sighed. "Just watch." I instructed. She continued to watch and a smile appeared on her face. She seemed to be enjoying the vlog. Once it finished, she handed me back my phone.

"Flippin Katie?" She asked. "My sister, technically our family, has Flippin Katie as our family vlog channel on YouTube. The other three kids you met a while ago? They're YouTubers too. Their channel is called Bratayley." I sighed. "We never gave out our last name, school, or anything personal out on the vlog." I continued. She simply smiled at me.

"You're smiling. Why are you smiling? Aren't you gonna judge me for this?" I asked with a sigh. "No I'm not! I think it's really cute and really awesome! Your family has a YouTube channel! That's totally amazing, Brennan!" She exclaimed. She got so hyped and excited. "So it's okay with you if you get featured on it from time to time? And that over a hundred thousand people get to see you?" I asked. "Heck yeah! That's pretty cool actually." She smirked. "Well then let's head back up and I'll show you around!" I said and led her up. "By the way, welcome to the Donnelly Household! Let me show you around." I smiled. "Thank you! That would be great!" Monica smiled.

We bumped into Ryan on our way to my room. "Oh hello!" He greeted. "Hey Ryan! This is Monica. We competed against her two weeks ago." I said. "Oh! You're the one who won MVS of the Year. Cool!" He smiled. Our family has been talking about her for a while now and how she's a good swimmer. We really admired her for her skills.

"Monica, this is my brother Ryan. Ryan this is Monica." I said as I introduced them to each other. "Hi Monica!" Ryan smiled. "Hello Ryan! Nice to meet you again." Monica smiled. "Catch ya later, Ry Guy!" I said as I pulled Monica to my room. "Ry Guy?" Monica giggled. "It's the nickname we gave him." I laughed.

"Welcome to our mess of a room!" I said as I pointed to mine and Ryan's room. "Our? You share this room with Ryan don't you?" She smiled. "Yeah." I shyly said. She was judging me. RIP Brennan Donnelly. Cause of death: embarrassment in front of his crush.

"You're so lucky you have someone to share a room with." She sighed. "Why so?" I asked. "Well, I don't know how it feels to share a room. I don't share a room with Miranda 'cause she's a growing girl and it would be too tight for us to share." She shrugged with a smile. "Well, I'll let you know that you get sick of sharing a room after about two weeks. No kidding." I laughed. "That makes things better. Thanks, Brennan!" She smiled.

"No problem! To continue, you have the bathroom at twelve 'o clock and Katie's room at two 'o clock!" I said using the clock as directions. Monica simply laughed at me. "Then you have the living room, kitchen, dining table, balcony and terrace downstairs, huge backyard, a lake, a dock...and yeah! Oh and parents room upstairs." I directed from our spot at the island. Mom was vlogging the whole time.