29: Second Hand Heart

Brennan

I had spent weeks and weeks studying how to play Second Hand Heart on the guitar. It was the song we played for Monica in the hospital. One afternoon when I was staring at our old guitar, I had an idea to learn the song on it.

I was playing it again the evening after I had surprised Monica. I had no idea how it went or how she reacted to it. I stopped playing for a while and texted Miranda.

Hey Rands!

Miranda: Wassup Brennan!
Miranda: You gonna ask about what happened last night?

Yeah HAHAHA

Miranda: It went well
Miranda: I think

You think?

Miranda: Yeah! She was really shocked. I saw her read the card. She was smiling while reading it
Miranda: She kept the pictures too. Then she went to share the Guylian chocolates with me because I forced her to MUWAHAHAHAHA

Well now I know that both of you like Guylian HAHAHA

But hey, thanks for the help Rands!

Miranda: No problem!
Miranda: Are you doing anything for her again tonight?

Not today :(

Miranda: Oh okay :(

I tapped the guitar as I thought of what to do. Then I got it!

Actually, yeah

I have something again for her tonight

Miranda: YOU DO?!?!?

Yeah! Tell your parents I'm coming over for a while

I'll be over in ten

Tell Monica to open the door when I come

Miranda: YOU ROCK BRENNAN!

Miranda

Brennan: Tell Monica to open the door when I come

YOU ROCK BRENNAN!

I squealed from my room. "Keep it down, Miranda! I'm trying to watch here!" Monica called from the play area. She was watching another rerun of America's Next Top Model. I ran out of my room and to the living room. "I'll be downstairs!" I yelled at Monica. "Okay!" She angrily yelled back.

I looked for mom and dad who were preparing for dinner. "Hey mom, dad!" I said as I sat by the counter. "Hey sweetheart!" Mom smiled. "What's up, kiddo?" Dad asked. They were still focused on their cooking. "Brennan's coming over again." I informed. That shocked my parents. "Oh okay!" Dad smiled. "He's coming over quite often." Mom said. "That's what you get when you fall in love." Dad smiled at mom. They locked lips in response. But that made me cringe. I cleared my throat. "Kid in the room!"

They laughed as they went on with their cooking. "Sorry Rands." Dad said as he kissed me in the forehead. "I'll be in the living room." I said as I got off the counter. I walked to the living room and sat on the couch with Cooper. I played with him while waiting for Brennan.

"You know, Cooper, Brennan really loves my sister. Monica's just being hard-headed. She won't admit that she still likes him. She keeps thinking she has to move on or something." I told our dog. Cooper looked at me and tilted his head. "I don't know too! She obviously still likes him. She's playing hard-to-get or whatever. It's really annoying!" I said as if Cooper could really understand me.