11: Miss Brennan Donnelly

Monica

I woke up to Brennan sleeping on the chair beside my bed while my parents and sister were no where to be seen. I stroked his hair and smiled. As much as I wanted to start dating him, I couldn't help but think about how we might be too young. I really, really liked him and I've never liked someone this much before.

He slowly looked up at me and smiled his sweet smile. It was evident that he slept late because he had bags under his eyes. "Good morning, Monica." He smiled  sleepily and held my hand. "Morning, B." I smiled back. He stood up and left the room but came back right away with my family, Lily, Katie and his mom this time.

He lifted up the blinds and there were letters stuck to the window then he stood in front of me and held up an empty white board. "What does it say?" He asked as he pointed to the window. "I'm not sure. It's inverted!" I laughed. "Now look at me...specifically the board." He instructed. I looked to the board and saw the shadows of the letters. "Good morning, Monica. The day is as beautiful as you." I read out loud. "Awww!" I blushed as he put down the board and got a bouquet of flowers and a bunch of balloons from the cabinet.

"Brennan, what's all this?" I laughed. "Just a lil' something." He smiled as he gave me the flowers and put the balloons beside my bed. Dad was filming and Lily was capturing everything on her phone too while everyone else watched and held back their bursting emotions. I looked at the flowers and picked up the envelope on it.

"Brennan!" I laughed as I laid the flowers on my lap and stifled a blush. "What? Just read the letter." He laughed. "Okay okay." I said. "This is all so cheesy! I love this!" I blushed. "You like cheesy..." Brennan laughed.

To my dear Monica Jordanne Campbell,
I know you're confused by what's happening right now. I'm not gonna tell you why in this letter but you'll find out soon.
Monica, you are sweet, humble, kind, smart, caring, loving and overall beautiful. So many words describe you, it's enough to make a Monica Campbell dictionary. I hope you know that. If not, then I'll probably the first to tell you.

I looked at him and laughed.

I'm sorry we got into all this mess. I'm sorry you're on that bed right now instead of your room or somewhere hanging out with your friends. I'm sorry for all my mistakes and faults. I'd do anything to pay for all of them. How I wish you weren't in so much pain right now. I'd say I wish it was me who got hit instead, but I really don't want you to worry about me too much, 'cause that's my job.

A tear slipped my eye as I chuckled. Damn Brennan! Way to make a girl cry!

Thank you for always making me smile, cheering me up, bringing joy and light to my life, for making me laugh and giving me motivation.
Thank you for being the girl I have come to know and love today. Thank you for being kind to me on the day of our meet when you knew our friend groups didn't go well together. Thank you for being so kind to my family. Thank you for showing me girls like you can still be found. Thank you for coming into my life.

Tears were continuously flowing out of my eyes by then. I couldn't believe how much the words of that boy could make me cry. I could feel my feelings for him grow even deeper as I read the letter.

Monica, I really wish we'd never part. I want to spend my whole life knowing Monica Campbell is right by my side. I never want us to get into horrible arguments and misunderstandings again.
I want you to know how much I love you. Now please look up at me and read what's on the board I'm holding up.

All my love,
Brennan Michael Donnelly

I looked up and gasped. One hand up to my mouth as tears still flowed out of my eyes. My heart jumped and it kept doing somersaults. Brennan held up a beautiful board and it obviously made me cry harder. It read in bold cutouts with out pictures all around: Monica, will you be my girlfriend?

"Monica Jordanne Campbell, will you please make me so damn happy and be my girlfriend?" Brennan asked shyly. My heart skipped at beat at his shy smile. "Heck yeah, I will! I'm gonna be your like Miss Brennan Donnelly...like Mrs. Donnelly but not in terms of marriage!" I laughed. "What?" Everyone asked with confusion across their faces. "Never mind what I said! Yeah, I'll be your girlfriend!" I squealed. "Yeah? For real?" He gasped. "Yeah, for real, B." I smiled.

He dropped the poster and hugged me so tight. "I love you! I love you so damn much, Monica!" He whispered. "I know you do." I smiled as I remembered saying that to him the first time he told me he loves me. Everyone laughed while Brennan and I suddenly felt so shy because of the audience. But despite that, he motioned towards all of them them and gave everyone a thumbs up.

"Brennan stayed up late preparing for all this, love." Mom smiled. "He's planned this since the moment you got confined actually." Lily added. "Which explains why he looks so sleepy." Miranda added. "Aww! Thank you, Brennan!" I blushed. Brennan shrugged and smiled as a response.

"He's not the only one who left your side." Miranda said as she jumped onto the bed with me. I welcomed her with open arms and gave her a side hug. "I bet!" I smiled. I missed my sister so much! "Can't forget me too, can you?" Lily piped as she joined us on the bed. "Of course not, Lily!" I beamed. "Hey! Me too!" Katie smiled as she sat on the foot of my bed. "C'mon here, Kate! I missed you!" I smiled as we hugged.

"Alright everyone. I know all of you are enjoying these recent events, but Miss Campbell needs her breakfast and rest." Mom said as they all started to file out and hugging me before they left. "We'll leave you two kids for a while. Mom and I will be back so you can have breakfast." Dad smiled as he led everyone out. "Just don't do anything irresponsible." He added, then shut the door.

Brennan smiled as he sat on the bed beside me. He laid down on my good side and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. Our hands found each other and he started tracing circles on the back of my hand. "You're mine now, Campbell." He whispered. "I sure am, Donnelly." I smiled. "You have no idea how long I've waited for that." Brennan asked. "Not too long, I hope." I smiled. We sat there in silence as we enjoyed each other's presence and held hands.

"Thank you. Brennan." I whispered, breaking the silence after a while. "You're welcome, Monica." He whispered back. "No, I meant for everything." I smiled as we looked at each other. "Like what?" He asked. "For taking care of me, my parents, and Miranda...and for always making me smile...and for coming into my life." I smiled. He kissed my forehead and smiled back at me. "You're welcome, Monica. And thank you as well for everything. You make me really happy." He smiled.

I kissed his cheek and laid my head on his chest. It was such a great day to be alive! I loved him so much and from that day on, Brennan Donnelly was officially mine.