13: Welcome Back Monica!

Monica

It was Monday and I was going back to school for the first time since the accident. I dressed simply that day. I wore our family shirt which had a Campbell 15 at the back and an MJ in front by my left boob with jeans and a black Roshe. Yes, I said a black Roshe because my boot hindered me from wearing the other pair.

Dad carried me down for breakfast. After that, he brought Miranda and I to school.

+++

Dad dropped me off first. The car slowed to a stop near a tall and familiar boy. I looked closely and saw Brennan. Dad unlocked the car and Brennan opened my door. "Morning, Mr. Simon! Morning, Miranda!" Brennan greeted. "Good morning, Brennan! Thanks for being on time!" Dad said. On time? What? "Hi Brennan!" Miranda smiled. He got my bag and slung it over his shoulder. He then helped me out of the car and stood me up.  "Bye Miranda! Bye dad!" I said as I kissed my dad through the window. "Bye Nic!" Miranda waved. "Bye sweetheart! See you later! I'll pick you guys up, alright? I love you!" He smiled. "Alrighty! Bye dad! I love you!" I said as Brennan and I walked towards the entrance of our school. "Bye Brennan!" Dad added. "Bye Mr. Simon!" Brennan waved.

As we walked to the front door, I looked curiously at Brennan. "Keep your eyes ahead, Nic. You might fall." He said. I followed his instruction and looked ahead. "Since when do you call my dad Mr. Simon? And what was he talking about being on time?" I asked. "Since the night you came home. You were too busy eating to listen. And he asked me to pick you up every morning by that spot back there to you know...assist you and stuff." He laughed. "You and dad seem to be in pretty good terms." I smiled. "You could say that." He laughed.

We got to the front door and I was warmly welcomed by smiles, waves and hi's. We got to homeroom and I was immediately swarmed by my classmates. They were asking how I was and how I was feeling. Most of them also offered me help on lessons and walking here and there. I really appreciated the help and well wishes I was receiving. It really made me feel so much better.

+++

"Good morning class!" Miss Sanders greeted with her sweet smile. "Good morning, Miss Sanders!" I greeted along with the class. Before she has us sit down, she scans the room from left to right, or vise versa. She scanned the room starting from my side. She saw me and squealed. "Monica! Welcome back, darling!" Miss Sanders smiled at me. "It's great to be back, Miss Sanders!" I smiled at her. She nodded and scanned the room again.

A hand held onto my shoulder and I turned around to see Brennan smiling at me. I smiled back. We took our seats and started a new week.

+++

Miss Sanders dismissed the class but held me and Brennan back. "Yes, Miss Sanders?" I asked as I approached her with Brennan assisting me as I walked. "Here is a compilation of all the homeworks and seatworks you missed. There is also a list full of projects with their respective instructions and another list of tests you missed." Miss Sanders said as she handed Brennan the folder, who then placed it on my seat. "I'm so glad you're back, Monica! I'm also praying for your fast recovery." She smiled sweetly. "Thank you so much, Miss Sanders. I really appreciate it." I said.

We wrapped each other in a hug then she let me go. "Okay, go have your lunch. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask." Miss Sanders said. "Thanks!" I smiled before Brennan and I left the classroom. "Bye, Miss Sanders! Thank you!" Brennan called before we left the classroom's vicinity.

We got to the cafeteria and Brennan sat me down on our usual table. "I'll go get our lunch. I'll be back." He smiled. "Thanks, B!" I said as I jokingly blew him a kiss. He laughed and pretended to catch the kiss and placed it on his chest. I laughed in response as he left. Just in time, our little group of friends came and sat down.

Brennan's seat was to my left and to his left sat Brady. Next to Brady was Colin, then Lily right beside me. "Well hello Monica Campbell!" Lily smiled as she sat down. "Hey Lily! Hi guys!" I smiled. "Oh look! It's Brennan's girlfriend!" Brady joked. "Says the crush stealer." Colin rolled his eyes. "Ohhh! Burn!" Lily teased. Colin has this huge crush on Lily and she was torn between him and Brady the last time we talked about it. Everyone sat down as Brennan came back.

He placed the tray down and placed a plate in front of me. "I got you the Monday Macaroni and a burger." Brennan told me. "Thanks, B!" I said as I kissed his cheek. "No problem, Nic!" He blushed. "So what did I miss?" Brennan asked as he settled down. "More like what did Monica miss!" Lily corrected and laughed. "Okay, what did I miss?" I laughed. "Remember how on the first day Lily and I had this moment?" Colin said bitterly. "Yeah." I responded with a grin. "That lasted for only so long because Brady here stole her from me!" Colin said as he eyed Brady. "Hey it's not my fault she likes me more!" He defended. "Wow! I get into an accident and my friends already form a love triangle." I laughed. "You two do know that I haven't really given my final decision yet, right?" Lily smiled. Brady and Colin were taken aback by this. "It's worse than those depicted in movies." Brennan whispered.

Brennan drank most of his water and left only a bit. He closed the cap and everyone started banging their fists on the table. "Get ready for the big bad Brennan!" Lily narrated. "He is about to show off his flipping skills again." Colin added.  Everyone made drumroll sounds as Brennan flipped his bottle perfectly onto the table and all of us cheered. We caught the attention of the cafeteria which we took as a sign to shut up. We all sat back down and laughed.

"God I missed that Brennan!" Lily smiled. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Brennan was so quiet the whole time you were gone. We even had to force him to eat on some days." Lily answered. I looked at Brennan and he just smiled sadly. "Brennan..." I said. "What? I didn't have the person to complete me!" He defended. "Awww!" Everyone smiled. We both blushed. "Well I'm here now." I smiled then kissed his cheek. "And I have this pizza to complete me." Lily said as she smiled dreamily at her pizza. I quickly grabbed her hand and took a bite from her pizza. "Hey!!!" She yelled. "She got you! Too slow!" Brady laughed as the other two boys laughed along. "Sorry, Lily!" I laughed.

We all continued to eat. Lily told me all about how academics were going and joked around a lot, Brady told me about the fun I missed, and Colin filled me in on all the hot topics and told us about how the sports teams have been going. I missed my friends. I ate with these guys everyday and they made me happy! Especially Brennan. His presence made me happy and there's nothing more I could ask for.

Lily told us a corny joke and we all burst out laughing. How I missed my girly. I looked at each and everyone of them. Lily was grace and poise. Colin was manly and bold. Brady was wacky and simple. And Brennan. Oh god Brennan! He was a work of art. He's everything I could ever hope for in a guy and more. Damn was I lucky! And I really couldn't ask for more.