28: Surprise Surprise

Brennan

It was they day after we got back from Florida and Disney. Monica was at the gym with Katie which gave me the perfect opportunity to execute my plan.

Ever since Christmas I had been planning to surprise Monica. It was more of an I'm-sorry surprise actually. I was thinking of decorating her room and then leaving it for her to see. Which was exactly what I did.

I texted Miranda about my plan and had her tell her parents.

Hey Rands! I'm doing for something for Monica today

Is she home?

Miranda: Nope. She's at the gym. I think Katie and Annie are there too
Miranda: What are you gonna do?

Oh yeah right!

I'm just gonna go buy some stuff then I'll come over. I'm going to surprise her tonight

You think you could tell your mom and dad?

Miranda: Sure! See ya!

See you in a while :)

I had mom come with me. I went to buy some balloons, flowers, chocolates and glossy paper from the same flower shop Ryan and I bought from when we first surprised the girls. I hadn't been there in a while and to my surprise the same saleslady from before gave me a discount when she found out why I was buying all those stuff. I learned long before that her name was Laura.

It wasn't long before we went back home. I printed some of mine and Monica's old pictures at home before going over to their place. I texted Miranda for help once more.

Miranda you think you could find Monica's photo album and see which pictures of us she's printed out already?

Miranda: Yeah sure. Gotcha!

Thanks!

Miranda sent 137 photos

Woah thanks Rands!

Miranda: No problem :)

I looked for our photos that she hadn't printed out yet and printed them. I was worried she would come home before I could finish printing. Thankfully, I didn't take more than fifteen minutes by the printer.

I biked to the Campbells when I had everything prepared. Mr. Simon opened the door for me. "Hey Brennan! Come on in." He smiled as he let me in. "Hey Mr. S! Is Monica home yet?" I asked as I entered. "Nope. She will be in a while though." He answered. "Oh damn! I have to make it quick!" I panicked.

Mr. Simon put a hand on my shoulder and looked at me. "Look, Brennan, Monica still has feelings for you. You just really need to get her to admit it." He said. "You're young and you two have such a long life to live, but I'm not going to stop you because I know that you're someone my daughter loves and you love her too. And I can't interfere with love." He smiled.

"Thanks Mr. S! I really appreciate it, sir. It means a lot to me. Thank you." I smiled. He nodded with a smile. "Miranda's upstairs. Eliza and I will be down here if you two need help." Mr. Simon said before heading to the dining room.

It meant a lot to me that Mr. Simon allowed me to court his daughter. Not often would you encounter a father who'd allow that. I had this strong gut feeling that Mr. Simon liked and trusted me. Of course I took that as another motivation to keep being and doing better for Monica.