21: Don't Go Breaking My

Monica

Then came another Saturday and also the day Katie invited me to hang out with her and Annie.

Hey Katie! Sorry I can't come :( I'll make it up to you! Love you always!

Katie: Aww! It's okay Monica! I love you too! We can hang any time :)

I'll keep that in mind! :)

Enjoy your day!

Sending you and Annie much love xx

Brennan and I are also hanging out with his team today. The day after I told the Donnellys and my family about what happened with Ryder Winston, they went there and talked to the coach and in a snap, he got kicked out of the team.

Brennan started practice again this week. He and his teammates were back in good terms again which was very good. They also planned on hanging out and they wanted to invite other people out of their team.

I told Brennan a ton of times that I wouldn't go because I wanted him to bond with his team. But later on we were both sick of hearing the word 'no' from me. It took a lot of persuading on his side until he got me to say yes. So in the end, I was going out with Brennan, Simon, Colin, Griffin, Will, and other girls and their other teammates to the mall. I simply dressed in a shirt, shorts and my Converse since I wanted to be comfortable while going around. I also tried to ask Lily to come, but turned out she had a date with Brady. I tried to ask Reilly or Nora to come but they both had plans that day too.

Mom brought Brennan and I to the mall where we met up with the guys and the girls. "Thanks for coming with me, Nic." Brennan said. "You're good at persuading, you know that do you? And I couldn't pass out on this, could I?" I smiled. Our hands found each other and intertwined.

We met everyone at Starbucks. There we saw the whole team and only like...two girls. Okay so maybe I had a weird feeling about that but I wanted no negative thoughts! 'It'll be okay!' I thought to myself.

We all said hello to each other and I got to meet the girls. Their names were Brigeet and Mallory. They didn't go to the same school Brennan and I did that's why it was kind of awkward. The three of us tried talking but we just didn't click together. Brigeet was this emo type of girl who listened to music I didn't really like. She was having a hard time socializing 'cause technically she doesn't wanna. Mallory was into anime and stuff which was one thing I never ever understood, though I did try to understand it back in 6th grade.

I was honestly trying to get along but it wasn't working. I tried talking with the boys and Brennan but they were too busy with each other. When we went to the arcade, I told Brennan that I was just going to the restroom.

"Hey B, I'll just go to the restroom." I said while he was watching Simon and another teammate play a shooting game. "Huh? Yeah k." He said, not even turning to me. I went to the girls' room with much disappointment. I didn't really need to use the loo or powder my nose or anything, I just wanted to text my mom.

This isn't going so well.

Mommy: Why so? :((

The TWO girls are weird and awkward

The boys are too busy with each other

And Brennan isn't even noticing me!

Mommy: Oh baby :(( Give them some time.

Mommy: Boys do need to have their play time. And try talking to the girls :))