7: Brothers Bond

Brennan

It was a Saturday and the day before was full of excitement when Monica and Miranda got their new puppy. I woke up early and immediately texted Monica.

Hey Nics! Good morning!

Monica: Hi Brennan! Good morning to you too! How are you this morning? :)

Well isn't someone a ray of sunshine today?

And I just woke up HAHA

Monica: I'm soooo happy today Brennan!!!

Monica: I just got a puppy and Miranda and I had a fun night!!!

Okay, sunshine! I'll have breakfast first then maybe I could talk to you later. Sound good?

Monica: Okayyyy Brennannnn!!!!! :))))

Okay sunshine :) Have a great Saturday! Say hi to your family for me

And Cooper as well

I got up and saw Ryan wasn't on his bed. Just in time, he opened the door and threw a shirt at me. "Get up, Brennan! Let's have breakfast!" He smiled. I put on the shirt then followed him out. "Any plans today, kids?" Mom said as she vlogged. "Maybe just swim a little for an hour. Do homework. Then chill out." Ryan said while eating cereal. "That's good! Brennan?" Mom asked. "Same." I said. Ryan and I sat there quietly eating our cereal and milk. "Well, there you have it folks! Two boys with the same schedule. You don't know how lazy this day is gonna be!" Mom laughed.

"What'll you guys do at the pool?" Mom asked. "Laps of all four stokes. Probably twenty each." I answered. "Alrighty! Katie's at gymnastics. She got up early today." Mom said. "What time did she leave?" I asked. "Around 8 AM." Mom answered. I stood up and put away my bowl and glass. "Pool time?" Mom asked. "Pool time!" Ryan and I answered. Mom laughed. "Okay folks! I'll bring these two swimmers to the pool, then head back home after an hour." Mom said as she closed the camera. Ryan and I went to our room, packed our stuff for swimming then got dressed.

+++

We got home from the pool and I was knocked out. I went straight to my room, put down my stuff then took a shower. When I finished, it was Ryan's turn while I ate some Pop Tarts.

"Good job at swimming today, Brennan!" Mom said while vlogging. "Thanks mom!" I said. "You seem sad, big boy? What's up?" She asked. "Just drowning in my thoughts. I'll be okay!" I smiled. "Alright! If you say so sweetie!" Mom smiled, but I knew she was in doubt. When Ryan finished showering and I finished eating, we both locked ourselves in our room.

"You're sad. Talk to me." Ryan ordered. "You just heard mine and mom's convo. You're pretty wonked up too. Come dude let's talk this out." I said. We sat on my bed and faced each other. "So? What's up?" I asked. "It's Monica isn't it?" He asked. I nodded. "Miranda?" I asked. He nodded too. We both sighed at the thought of the Campbell girls.

"What about Monica? Good or bad?" Ryan asked. "Hmm...good. And I think you know." I said. "You like her. It's pretty obvious, Brennan." He smiled. "Yeah, I do. She's funny, kind, sporty, smart. Monica is kinda hard-to-get but I know she'll come easy to me." I smiled. "You sure do like her, dude. I can see it in your smile." Ryan smiled. Behind all the confidence I displayed, I was constantly shaking inside because I kept on flirting with Monica and saying the cheesiest shit ever! It's so embarrassing!